Notices

Old 5 Jul 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WriterofHorror
Getting to know the DIBB

Fifth Time Lucky - Here We goooooooo!

Hi there!
Like I imagine many of us, I am both super excited and extremely anxious about our upcoming trip.
This will be the 5th time it has been rearranged since we booked it in 2019, since we were meant to originally go in May 2020 and we all know how that turned out.
This will be our 10th trip and 5th with our DD who is now 12 going on 30. That’s a bit of a shame in a way because if the original trip had gone ahead, she would have still been a princess loving 10 year old and now she is a sulky pre-teen who will fingers crossed actually enjoy herself when we get there but it at that whole extremely self-conscious stage.
We will be staying at POFQ this time. We originally booked POR having stayed there 3 times before but when it came around to yet another date change, POR wasn’t available and/or was far more expensive than FQ. And since we lost out of free dining (Oh I had all the ADRs booked for 2020 and everything *sob*) and just have this credit thing, we decided to stay at FQ. We are also now going in peak summer since instead of taking a 10 year old out of Year 5, we would have been taking a 12 year old out of Year 7 which is not only massively frowned upon but DD actually begged to go during the summer. So we all cried a bit since that upped the price yet again but it is done/
So we have 2 weeks at POFQ – 24/7-07/08
Traveling VA from Heathrow – a first for us, we’ve always travelled to Orlando from Gatwick but we have been to Heathrow when we’ve been to New York, Boston and Vegas.
We have the 14 day WDW tickets and we prepaid for Genie as there is no way I want to only queue in standby lines in July/Aug.
We have a car as hubby can’t stand relying on transport and also 14 day Universal tickets.
I have literally only booked Chef Mickey’s and ‘Ohana both for brunch and part of me actually feels quite free having had the DDP for the last couple of trips and sometimes being tied to 2 ADRs in a day.
I have all the park passes and we know which rides I’ll be desperately trying to nab LL for at 7am each morning.
Having been used to planning all the meals and rides before you go, and various experiences and extras, it feels very odd having almost nothing in place.
My inlaws live less than half an hour from Heathrow so we drop the cats off at the cattery the afternoon before and then head up to Surrey, spend the night with them and they drop us off and then pick us up 2 weeks later hopefully having had a wonderful time and already wanting to go back.
We are looking forward to new-to-us stuff – Guardians, all of Galaxy’s Edge, Runaway train and Ratatouille. We are also looking forward to the food, just all the food haha. The cinnamon roll from Gaston’s Tavern is a must for me. Mmmmm.
Mainly I just want to be there and soak up the atmosphere. And ride both Haunted Mansion and ToT as many times as I can.

Edited at 02:38 PM.
WriterofHorror is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Sounds fab ☺️
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List