Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 11 Jul 22, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
babekel
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

cyclops Fake/ Hired Cakes for Wedding in LA

Hi all

Looking for recommendations for Fake/ Hired cakes from companies located in Los Angeles or close to Los Angeles.

Is this something anyone has had experience with before?

Any Vendor suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Indian Ridge Villa - '01 & '09, Orlando Continental Plaza Hotel - '11, Park & Suites Prestige Val d'Europe - '14, Lindfields Villa - '15, Hollywood Historic Hotel - '17, Disney’ Coronado Springs & off-site Villa - ‘18
babekel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 22, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
Have you asked your venue/wedding planner? I make wedding cakes and I use dummy cakes a lot to add height but the work involved is almost like making it with real cake. Usually US cake makers charge per portion and they serve larger portions than here because they eat it as a dessert. If you go on Instagram then search for wedding cake designers in Los Angeles and perhaps message a few. I think it’s unlikely that you might be able to hire a cake (although not impossible) because it may deteriorate and discolour. Good luck!
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 22, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babekel View Post
Hi all

Looking for recommendations for Fake/ Hired cakes from companies located in Los Angeles or close to Los Angeles.

Is this something anyone has had experience with before?

Any Vendor suggestions would be greatly appreciated
I am interested in this, no criticism but what is the point?
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 22, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
babekel

Thank you for the suggestion!
I didnt think to use Instagram.

I've found a few suppliers for fingers crossed

Indian Ridge Villa - '01 & '09, Orlando Continental Plaza Hotel - '11, Park & Suites Prestige Val d'Europe - '14, Lindfields Villa - '15, Hollywood Historic Hotel - '17, Disney’ Coronado Springs & off-site Villa - ‘18
babekel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 22, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
babekel

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I am interested in this, no criticism but what is the point?
We are a UK based couple, having our Wedding State side. As we are only a very small party of 14 we thought it best not to commission a cake as a lot of our party are not 'dessert' people and the cake would go to waste. And we hate food waste.

So we had the idea of renting a cake/ fake cake for the photos and for the tradition of cutting the cake - without the worry of wastage.

There is unlimited reasons on why someone would have a fake cake.

Old 12 Jul 22, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babekel View Post
We are a UK based couple, having our Wedding State side. As we are only a very small party of 14 we thought it best not to commission a cake as a lot of our party are not 'dessert' people and the cake would go to waste. And we hate food waste.

So we had the idea of renting a cake/ fake cake for the photos and for the tradition of cutting the cake - without the worry of wastage.

There is unlimited reasons on why someone would have a fake cake.
Thanks for your reply, it's really interesting and I had never heard or thought about it before.

Happy planning and hope you have a wonderful wedding.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 22, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
I make fake cakes a lot - usually to increase the size of the finished article for the cutting ceremony. I have seen US cake makers who make a fake cake but remove a segment (think Trivial Pursuit game) and fill it with sponge; the couple slice through that section for the photos - nobody else is any the wiser!
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 22, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Try

cakerental/contact-us/

Sorry don’t know where they based but fill in the form to inquire

Or

fauxsweets/
cartoonp is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 22, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
babekel

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Try

cakerental/contact-us/

Sorry don’t know where they based but fill in the form to inquire

Or

fauxsweets/
Thank you

Old 12 Jul 22, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
You got my interest - I’ve been checking Instagram. I think it’s “faux cake” that you need to look for and prop rentals. I found one called Beverley’s but there’s bound to be more.