Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 May 22, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneGranger
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Our 2022 Honeymoon - NYC, SF, LA, SD and Hawaii - Travel Day

Travel Day - 11/05/22

The alarm went off at 0445, it’s amazing how easy it is to get up when you’re going on holiday. I’d woke up a few times over the night so was pretty tired but hoping for a good snooze on the plane. I love a plane nap.

We’d ordered a cab to get us at 0515 and we were downstairs and waiting when it pulled up. When we got to Terminal 5, we headed into the terminal and luckily there was no queue at the bag drop or security. After successfully making it through, our bellies led us to Spoons. We both got a traditional breakfast and an apple juice. I was absolutely dying for a coffee but I also wanted a wee snooze on the plane so I decided to wait.

I had a mooch in WH Smkrhs and bought a book, water, crisps and a neck pillow. I umm’ed and ahh’ed over a fancy one or a standard one but ended up going for the standard one.

We boarded about 0815 and sadly our spare seat was taken. The flight still had a good few empty seats though. I was completely exhausted when we sat down - the last few days were definitely catching up with me and before I knew I was asleep. I woke up after an hour for the breakfast coming round and put on Encanto. As soon as I’d finished eating, I fell back asleep and woke up with two hours left on the flight. I just read my book and had a wee daydream about the next 3 weeks.

We landed about 1100, and after a short wait we got off the plane and straight into a pretty large and stagnant queue for immigration and customs. We ended up waiting for about an hour and then another 30 mins on our bags. Chris’ was already there when we got through immigration and I had a slight panic mine had got lost but it soon came through and we were on our way. There weren’t any queues for a taxi and we ended up at the hotel at around 1345. I couldn’t believe we were actually here, in a yellow taxi. Seeing the skyline as we drove in took my breath away - we were officially in NYC!

The taxi driver helped us with our bags at the hotel and then told us to be careful as someone had been stabbed the other night. Thanks for that!

We checked in and headed to the room. It’s small but has a big comfy bed and everything we need and is clean so I’d say it’s a winner. We had a wee lie down and a freshen up and started to plan what we were going to do. The Empire State Building was booked for 7.30 so we decided to walk to Times Square, then round to the Chrysler Building, Bryant Park and Grand Central Station.

Times Square was smaller than I expected and full of a few unsavoury characters but it was cool to have seen it. We were both a bit hungry at about 1600 so the Hard Rock Cafe got our vote. Chris had a bacon cheeseburger with a bud light and I had a fried chicken sandwich with ranch dressing and a Dr Pepper. The food was good, hot and fresh but the service was a bit on the slow side.

I loved just walking around and soaking up the atmosphere. Bryant Park was so nice - there were people sitting reading, people playing ping pong, people just chilling. It had such a nice vibe. We decided to go into the Public Library for a nosy and came across the Treasured exhibition. This was so cool and I would really recommend it. They had the original stuffed Winnie the Pooh and friends and lots of other cool things. We were both really glad we decided to pop in. The building is absolutely beautiful too.

After seeing Grand Central Station, we walked round to the Empire State Building. We were a little early for our reservation - a whole hour - so we decided to have a drink to pass the time. We popped into a place called Jack Demsey’s and Two Bud Light’s (for Chris) and one for me later we were back and on our way into the Empire State Building.

I was really impressed with the build up and the explanation as to how it was built. I loved the old style detailing and the staff uniforms although it did give me slight tower of terror vibes at times! I absolutely loved this observation deck and was so glad I booked it for sunset, it was truly stunning. I had a proper pinch myself moment here - we were in NYC, on the ESB, we got married on Sunday and this is just the first day, amazing.

After this we walked to MSG to see it all lit up and then we walked back to the hotel. I was asleep for 9.30. What a great day.
HermioneGranger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

WOW that view is amazing 😊😍
The public library looks lovely too
Your honeymoon sounds amazing, congratulations 🥂🍾🥳
We love NY & SF 🤩

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Wonderful sunset photo! Fabulous travel day and looking forward to the next 3 weeks

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneGranger

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
WOW that view is amazing 😊😍
The public library looks lovely too
Your honeymoon sounds amazing, congratulations 🥂🍾🥳
We love NY & SF 🤩
It was such a lovely view. I’m loving it too, so glad we started our trip too.
HermioneGranger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneGranger

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Wonderful sunset photo! Fabulous travel day and looking forward to the next 3 weeks
Thank you! So excited for what’s to come.
Old 15 May 22, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A great travel day, I can't believe you managed to fit in the library, grand central terminus and the Empire state all on your travel day.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 22, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Brilliant! How many days do you have in NYC?
Old 13 Jul 22, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great travel day and wow you managed to pack so much in…..impressive!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List