Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Jul 22, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

DisneyDante Vegan Dining Report - August 2022

So after 2 failed attempts, we are finally off to Florida this August!

I turned vegan at the end of 2020 so everything in this report will be plant-based.

Plan

We’re flying in premium economy with Virgin Atlantic from Manchester airport, staying over at Premier Inn Runger Lane the night before. We’re then spending 3 nights at Universals Cabana Bay where we’re planning on spending 1 day at the parks, 1 day resting and 1 day at Kennedy Space centre. Then we’re off to Disney’s Caribbean Beach for 2 weeks.

We’ve purchased Genie+ for the duration of our stay and I’ll include details for what we manage to book using it.

To get around we’ll be using Uber/Lyft except for our day trip to Kennedy where we’ve booked an excursion with Gray Line.

We’ve managed to get all of the dining reservations we were hoping for which include:
- Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food - Dinner
- Skipper Canteen - Dinner
- Tusker House - Breakfast
- Sci-Fi Dine-In - Lunch
- Sebastians Bristro - Dinner
- Garden Grill - Lunch
- Cape May Cafe - Breakfast
- Ohana - Dinner
- Topolino's Terrace - Breakfast
- Cinderellas Royal Table - Lunch
- Rose and Crown - Dinner
- Yak and Yeti - Lunch

We then plan to fill in the gaps with various quick service meals and small eats from the food and wine festival.

I follow several great vegan bloggers and vloggers and I have used their reviews to plan out our ADRs. These are:
- vegandisneyworld/
- vegandisneyfood/
- youtube/c/princessandthebear

Links

I’ll be posting my report into this thread and will fill in the links below as I go. I’ll try and do it as live as possible! Thank you for following along!

Airport Hotel - Premier Inn
Travel Day - Manchester Airport, Virgin Atlantic and Cabana Bay
Day 1 - Islands of Adventure, Voodoo Doughnuts and Cabana Bay
Day 2 - Cabana Bay and Antojitos Authentic Mexican Food
Day 3 - Kennedy Space Centre
Bayliner Diner Overview
Day 4 - Transfer to Caribbean Beach and Magic Kingdom, Casey’s Corner and Centertown Market
Day 5 - Magic Kingdom, Centertown Market, Peco Bill’s and Skipper Canteen
Day 6 - Animal Kingdom, Tusker House, Beignets and Centertown Market
Day 7 - Hollywood Studios, Centertown Market, Sci-Fi Dine Inn, Docking Bay 7 and Blue Milk
Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon and Sebastian's Bistro
Day 9 - Epcot, Oatmeal, Garden Grill and Regal Eagle Smokehouse
Day 10 - Break Day, Cape May Cafe, Blaze, Erin McKenna's Bakery and Cirque Du Soliel
Day 11 - Magic Kingdom, Cosmic Rays and Ohana
Day 12 - Hollywood Studios, Centertown Market, Starbucks, Ronto Roasters and Green Milk
Day 13 - Break Day, Topolinos Terrace and Food and Wine
Day 14 - Magic Kingdom, Spyglass Grill, Cinderellas Royal Table and Casey's Corner
Day 15 - Animal Kingdom, Yak and Yeti and Blaze
Day 16 - Epoct Food and Wine
Day 17 - Epcot and Rose and Crown
Travel Day - Magic Kingdom and Virgin Atlantic

Edited at 07:19 PM.
DisneyDante is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't wait to see your report!
Have a lovely time
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerliz
Excited about Disney

Can’t wait to see all the lovely vegan food you have!

DLP - Sequoia Lodge - May 2019
WDW POP Century + Universal Aventura - March 2022
DLP - Newport Bay - January 2023
WDW POP Cenury - September 2023
tinkerliz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 22, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Looking forward to seeing how you get on. DS and his GF are vegan and the choices in 2017 (our last visit) were poor. I think they should be much better this time 🤞🏻Have a fantastic holiday 😎
Old 10 Jul 22, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Kingbhoy
Trying for More Ears

Kennedy was tricky with plant based foods on our last trip, Seaworld and Busch we're useless.

Universal was pretty good, the Crepe stand in US being the best, followed by the jacket spuds near Harry Potter.

Hope you have a great trip
Kingbhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 22, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

DD’s boyfriend is vegan. We’ve just come back, he had no problems in Disney and Universal but we did struggle with choices outside of the parks which still suited the rest of us. I don’t think he’ll ever want to look at another impossible/beyond burger again!

Will follow this with interest for any future trips.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 22, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by Kingbhoy View Post
Kennedy was tricky with plant based foods on our last trip, Seaworld and Busch we're useless.

Universal was pretty good, the Crepe stand in US being the best, followed by the jacket spuds near Harry Potter.

Hope you have a great trip
I’ve heard that about Kennedy, it’s annoying they don’t appear to have any menus on their website. I’ll try and snap a pic of them when there!

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
DD’s boyfriend is vegan. We’ve just come back, he had no problems in Disney and Universal but we did struggle with choices outside of the parks which still suited the rest of us. I don’t think he’ll ever want to look at another impossible/beyond burger again!

Will follow this with interest for any future trips.
Haha, I am slightly concerned about the amount of burgers I’ll have, especially when it comes to quick service meals. Fortunately I’m a burger lover so hopefully I won’t get too sick of them
DisneyDante is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 22, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
C4rla
slightly serious Dibber

Really looking forward to seeing this. I also went vegan in 2020 and we're going about a month after you.

I like the look of your dining choices and hope you have some lovely meals and a great time!
Sep 2024 10th Anniversary SSR & SF Sep 2023 SF Post Accident Sep 2022 SSR, RP and ALK October 2019 Disneyland and San Diego Sep 2018 Back to SSR Sep 2016 With the Zebras - ALK Sep 2014 Honeymoon - SSR Sep 2013 Surprise engagement - SSR Sep 2011 Back for three weeks - Comfort Suites Maingate East Sep 2009 Trip one - Econolodge
C4rla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Merligan
Very Serious Dibber

Merligan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Went in October 2019 with my vegan daughter and she managed fine. She looked where she could eat and we just went there and chose something on that menu.

Both DH and myself are now vegan and hoping to go next year so will be following with interest.

Have a fab time,

😁
Dibb Villa July 2012 Dibb Villa Sep 2013
Dibb Villa Sandy Ridge March 2015
Merligan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

And we’re off!

Staying at the Premier Inn Runger Lane North tonight, ready for our flight tomorrow.

Didn’t really find any restaurants near by that took our fancy so just grabbed something at the hotel. They’ve got quite a few vegan options which is great, though no vegan desserts which is a shame.

I went for the Cauliflower Popcorn to start. It was fantastic! The cauliflower was perfectly cooked and the batter was crispy flavourful. The roasted red pepper harissa sauce was great too.

For my main I had the Sloppy Joe burger. This was also really good! The burger was well cooked and the cheese was nicely melted! It was topped with a lentil bolognese which added a lot of flavour. The only slightly disappointing thing was that the bun was a bit on the dry side. It came with chips and a really nice vegan slaw.

Given this was just a quick easy hotel dinner, I was really impressed!

Burger Count: 1