Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Jul 22, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The 3 week Sept extravaganza – which turned into a 2 week trip in June with no cruise! COVID Pt2

Mon 20th June

Today, we had to move hotels so we set about packing all of our belongings. Rob went and moved the car nearer to the elevator and then we headed down with all of our many bags.

We had selected the Doubletree at Disney Springs due to a combination of price, proximity to food outlets (which proved to be a good decision) and the fact that we are Gold Hilton Members which typically means a free breakfast or food credit.

Oh and free cookies!

We arrived at the hotel and Rob got a luggage trolley as they had no bell services (I assume due to staff shortages) and all of our bags were stored by the hotel until our room was ready.

Our plan had been to take the car to the airport to return it but I noticed there was a budget desk in the lobby so I told Rob to ask if we could drop it off.

He told me I was daft but went in anyway and we were both ridiculously excited to find that yes in fact we could and it was no extra charge!

Meant we saved the money for a trip back plus the time to travel there and back and we didn’t have to expose anyone to our covid!

We popped to Disney Springs to get lunch as we didn’t yet have a room, the walk was about 15 mins (and it was hot again). We selected Blaze and shared a pizza and garlic bread and tried to stay as far away from other people as we could.

Once our room was ready we retrieved our bags and headed to our room.

We then investigated Uber eats in the hope we could avoid going out again but the app kept applying a free delivery promotion and then telling us we were ineligible. Despite our efforts we could not get it to work so we went back to Disney Springs and got ourselves sandwiches from the Earl of Sandwich.

Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd June

Both days we had breakfast in our room (we had stocked up on muffins and yoghurts and we had plenty of water and soft drinks.

We had lunch at the pool bar making sure to sit as far as possible from anyone else which was fairly easy to do as there weren’t too many people at the pool.

We did also try to order food via GrubHub but they wouldn’t let us order as we didn’t have a US phone number.

So, again in the evenings we resorted to food and ice cream at Disney Springs in the evenings.

I know we went to Chicken Guy but I don’t appear to have any photos of that – you can tell that I had lost interest somewhat at this stage….in fact on at least 1 day I wrote 5 words in my notes for this report!

Edited at 04:12 PM.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jannyjan
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Mon 20th June

Today, we had to move hotels so we set about packing all of our belongings. Rob went and moved the car nearer to the elevator and then we headed down with all of our many bags.

We had selected the Doubletree at Disney Springs due to a combination of price, proximity to food outlets (which proved to be a good decision) and the fact that we are Gold Hilton Members which typically means a free breakfast or food credit.

Oh and free cookies!

We arrived at the hotel and Rob got a luggage trolley as they had no bell services (I assume due to staff shortages) and all of our bags were stored by the hotel until our room was ready.

Our plan had been to take the car to the airport to return it but I noticed there was a budget desk in the lobby so I told Rob to ask if we could drop it off.

He told me I was daft but went in anyway and we were both ridiculously excited to find that yes in fact we could and it was no extra charge!

Meant we saved the money for a trip back plus the time to travel there and back and we didn’t have to expose anyone to our covid!

We popped to Disney Springs to get lunch as we didn’t yet have a room, the walk was about 15 mins (and it was hot again). We selected Blaze and shared a pizza and garlic bread and tried to stay as far away from other people as we could.

Once our room was ready we retrieved our bags and headed to our room.

We then investigated Uber eats in the hope we could avoid going out again but the app kept applying a free delivery promotion and then telling us we were ineligible. Despite our efforts we could not get it to work so we went back to Disney Springs and got ourselves sandwiches from the Earl of Sandwich.

Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd June

Both days we had breakfast in our room (we had stocked up on muffins and yoghurts and we had plenty of water and soft drinks.

We had lunch at the pool bar making sure to sit as far as possible from anyone else which was fairly easy to do as there weren’t too many people at the pool.

We did also try to order food via GrubHub but they wouldn’t let us order as we didn’t have a US phone number.

So, again in the evenings we resorted to food and ice cream at Disney Springs in the evenings.

I know we went to Chicken Guy but I don’t appear to have any photos of that – you can tell that I had lost interest somewhat at this stage….in fact on at least 1 day I wrote 5 words in my notes for this report!
Such a shame. You will need to start planning again!
Jannyjan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jannyjan View Post
Such a shame. You will need to start planning again!
It really wasn’t as bad as I’m sure people think. We found and did pop out and watched lots of HGTV

We also went to Philadelphia in Feb and all being well we go to Seattle and Alaska in Sept.

Not sure how soon we will get back to Florida though
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Your hotel looks nice and also handy for Disney Springs

Joan
Old 17 Jul 22, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Your hotel looks nice and also handy for Disney Springs

Joan
Yep, only real downside is it is quite close to I4 so I’d recommend people ask for rooms on the Disney Springs side.

Also, a 15 min walk in Florida is totally different to over here
Old 18 Jul 22, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm not surprised you weren't interested in taking any notes. At well, at least neither of you were too unwell.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm not surprised you weren't interested in taking any notes. At well, at least neither of you were too unwell.
I mean there was not much that was noteworthy- although I could have written reviews on my favourite episodes of Love it or List it and Unsellable Houses
Old 18 Jul 22, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
slightly serious Dibber

oh no its so sad but you look happy with the ice cream! hope it was relaxing and something to look forward to next time!
Kcstyle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Hotel looks great and you can’t beat free cookies. Thankfully you weren’t too unwell and yay for Haagen Daz ice cream and Earl of Sandwich. At least you had the ‘Do it yourself’ network to keep you occupied - I love HGTV and Love it or List it! Xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kcstyle View Post
oh no its so sad but you look happy with the ice cream! hope it was relaxing and something to look forward to next time!
The ice cream was awesome

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
The Hotel looks great and you can’t beat free cookies. Thankfully you weren’t too unwell and yay for Haagen Daz ice cream and Earl of Sandwich. At least you had the ‘Do it yourself’ network to keep you occupied - I love HGTV and Love it or List it! Xx
Yeah, the hotel was pretty good as were the cookies!

And I’m glad we picked it as our attempts to buy food remotely were not good and we pretty much exhausted the hotel menu choices!

And we love HGTV