Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jul 22, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
I've tried bringing mine in so many times but they just turn around and wall back out again! I'm trying to trust that they'll know when they've had enough, and to be fair they are laying in the shade - but I'd much rather they came in!
It’s so hard if they want to be out isn’t it.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Asha is doing ok, she’s a large breed with normally a very thick coat, thankfully we had her clipped a few weeks ago.
She’s being taken out for 5-10 minute walks to the green over the road from the house and seems to be loving this, roly polys and even a canter.
We have all the doors and windows closed, so it’s much cooler in the house than outside, she’s panting a little but doesn’t appear distressed so far

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Mine is fine 🤣
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Our cats are fine to be fair our house is very old and we have a basement that is always cold and a house that is never warm in winter, downstairs is OK upstairs we have aircon but the daft animals are on the deck under the table !
Our short haired one also wanted to be under the patio table! We’ve made sure it shady, but until now it’s been hotter there than indoors!
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

We’ve just moved house and it feels like we’re on holiday as it’s been sunny and warm since we moved 😆

The back of the house is really hot, so we’ve basically shut ourselves into the coolest room in the house at the front. Luckily this is the lounge.

Our dog has just slept/dozed, only stirring to change position on his cool mat:

Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

I've tried bringing mine in so many times but they just turn around and wall back out again! I'm trying to trust that they'll know when they've had enough, and to be fair they are laying in the shade - but I'd much rather they came in!
Exactly the same with mine, I bought her in but she just went straight out the cat flap and back to her shady spot outside.
Old 18 Jul 22, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Mines bugging me to let him out.
He loves sleeping under cars in the road but he got brought home by a passerby concerned he was there and had started to pant.
He’s drunk all the cat milk and won’t drink water so I cut the milk with semiskimmed and he drank that as it’s white.
Just about to get a supermarket delivery so no doubt he’ll try a Houdini when it arrives but at least he’s cooled off and isn’t panting if he does manage it.
He loves the outdoors but he’s an old boy with a dodgy thyroid so I’d rather he waited a bit
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
He loves sleeping under cars in the road but he got brought home by a passerby concerned he was there and had started to pant.
He’s drunk all the cat milk and won’t drink water so I cut the milk with semiskimmed and he drank that as it’s white.
Just about to get a supermarket delivery so no doubt he’ll try a Houdini when it arrives but at least he’s cooled off and isn’t panting if he does manage it.
He loves the outdoors but he’s an old boy with a dodgy thyroid so I’d rather he waited a bit
One of mine shoots out the front door when it's opened and then wonders why she's out there, as soon as you shut it she's sat at the window to come back in!
I have an old lady too, also with a dodgy thyroid. She's been in all day but I have finally managed to get her to lay on the cooling mat (that I've stollen from my eldest haha). Hopefully that's making her feel a bit cooler
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Our fluff ball is mainly laid on the bed in front of a fan or aircon. He’s sleeping and a bit grumpy but okay. He’s just going out for wee then a run if it gets cooler. So hard on them isnt it bless them! Mine hates water too
So paddling pools etc are a no go, he doesn’t like gel mats either so hard to keep him cool.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
It’s so hard with cats, especially if they can get out themselves isn’t it.

Our two are very old so I think it worries us more too!

They certainly have their own minds even if this heat!