Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 14 Jul 22, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Salou/Portaventura with adult wristbands and a 21st. Salou 2022. Day 3. Caribe water park.

Friday 1st July.
Index

Set an alarm for 9am. Caribe opens at 10.30, so the plan was a quick breakfast and out.

French toast baguette.

With our break, we could book a table for dinner in the outside area for a la carte dining. We had 2 of these, I had already booked one for Jess birthday on 4th and asked if I could book tonight. They only had 7.30 but I took it.
I left first again to top up the T-10 card, we had used 8 journeys on the new card.
A bus passed while I waited for the others. It was Charlies turn to forget his mask, was about to run to the shop but Matt had a spare in his pocket.
A family joined us at the bus stop, they were off to portaventura. The bus took ages, the husband fro the family ran back to the hotel opposite to get bus times and then it turned up.
We tried to stall and got on slowly but the bus pulled away just as the man came out the hotel.
The lady from the queues yesterday was in the bus and said we need to stop stalking her 🤣
We got into the park about 11.

The queues for lockers was huge so we found a base first which was just in front of the kids pool.

We took a few photos before the phones went into the locker.

Jess and I had prescription goggles, even though we had to take them off for rides, they were brilliant here.
I then made Jess and Matt go in the wave pool to recreate a photo. 🤣

I went to secure a locker and we said I would meet them at the lazy river entrance.
The queue was still long but well organised, it was only €8 for a small locker and €2 was refundable when the receipt was given back.
I was given one at the inside pool, I dropped out valuables off and waited at the lazy river.
They soon floated round, I managed to grab a tube, this isn’t well organised at all and a bun fight for the tubes but it was nice and relaxed going around. We went one whole circuit then stayed in until the exit near our sun beds.
First ride was rapid race, well for Jess and Charlie. You had to take a mat and get in the queue.
We watched and about 10 minutes later saw someone dropped their mat as it came down the slide. Then we realised it was Jess. 🤣 luckily they had spares and both of them came down.
We made our way to the barracuda ride, we got a double tube and queued. This isn’t well signposted as the line is for 2 rides, barracuda is the tube ride on the higher level and mambo limbo single rider, without tubes is on the lower level. After having a look and seeing this, plus people passing us, we ditched the tubes and went on mambo limbo which was pretty much a walk on.
We then had a wander about, and saw a lovely new pool, playa paraiso. In here we saw the lady again 🤣 didn’t get her name but her son Elliot and the children went off to ride ciclon tropical and king khajuna, the biggest ride there.
We chatted to the lady for a fair while, she said one of the barracudas slides was closed and that’s why it was taking so long.
Jess surprised me as she had rode both slides.
She said Elliot was saying it wasn’t a big deal and didn’t really think about it, but she wouldn’t ride again.
We said our goodbyes and got out to sit on the beds. Jess and Charlie waited under the bucket that fills up and tips water all over you.
We went back to barracudas and waited it out, it’s a fun ride.
Then we decided to ride the family raft, el torrente together as it holds 4 people.
The queue was a little strange as they held people back and then a load go up onto the stairs.
Here it spilt into 2, each side having a loading bay.
We got to the top, saw the size of the raft and though no way we are all fitting into that.
The girl asked if we were a 4 though, so we wedged ourselves in. This in itself was hilarious, we are not exactly little and it was a very tight squeeze. Then, the poor girl had to push us off, I couldn’t stop laughing as she was tiny, trying to push all us.
Matt was trying to push with his hands muttering how embarrassing it was, I was just non stop laughing. In the end we set off, I wish I had waterproofed my phone for this, I’d love to see a video of us. 🤣🤣
The ride was great fun, poor Jess got the highest point and said she wanted to get off. Honestly, I still giggle about it now.
We were all hungry so we went over to the inside pool to the surfer kiosk.

Jess and Charlie had a hot dog meal each, I ordered a hot dog but got a burger and Matt a hot dog meal, we shared the chips and drink. Total was €43.90 with a refundable €1 if you took the cup back. We liked the cups though so kept them.

Charlie wanted to go on the inside rides, we all passed. This was our first ride the last time we came, I lost a contact lens and Jess came off claustrophobic. He didn’t have to wait for long and ride both of them.
As we were near the lazy river we all had another couple goes round then Matt and I went to the wave pool and Jess and Charlie to the slides, saying they would meet us in there.
I started getting cold though so headed back to the sun beds. Matt spotted Jess (her dotty costume was easy to see) going on the rapid rave so we watched them come down again, this time with no missing mats.
We all agreed we were ready to leave now so collected our things, returned the locker key and headed out to the bus stop.

Our bus was there and was soon back in the hotel. Matt and I decided to cancel our meal but Jess and Charlie went to get changed.
We sat in the sun.

We went up to get ready and ate in the buffet restaurant, no photos but I remember I had lasagne.
This is what Jess sent me.

We all met for a drink while the meddy (kids) disco was on.
The songs were still the same from when we started visiting, lovely memories and we even joined in from a distance. 🤣

We finally got the premium drinks without any hassle, I had barcardi.
The children went up for an early night as they had Barcelona the next day. We booked Gaudi park tickets for them.
Matt and I wasn’t long after them and took a drink and crisps up to the balcony. We could hear the singer from there.

Jess and Charlie popped out to say goodnight.

Edited at 01:43 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 22, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Can’t beat a good water park! Looks like you all had a fabulous day!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 22, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Can’t beat a good water park! Looks like you all had a fabulous day!
It was great to go back, it’s always closer in October.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List