Old 25 Jul 22, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Angel12
Earning More Ears

Angel12's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A 50th to remember - pre trip report

And so, we are nearly here. Its been a few years in the planning and booking but we are now a mere 16 days away from heading to our first Orlando holiday as a little family. And what a year to pick. Not only is it Disney's 50th, but its also mine (shhhhhh!).

Our BFFs are coming too, so there are 7 of us. We decided some time ago to make sure we had a big enough villa for us all. But i am jumping ahead...

Intro and booking
A Disney fan for life and we are now so close i can taste it. My poor Husband and 14 year old boy have been "enjoying" the count. The BFFs (along with their 2 boys aged 9 and 11) are equally as excited.
We booked this 18 months ago with Ocean Florida. They offered us free covid cancellation and no credit card fees, along with a few other extras. So far, i have been impressed with the service. I usually book with Trailfinders, but at the time Ocean Florida were able to get us a better deal. As this is a special occasion, we decided to say "the hell with it" and book premium economy with Virgin. It turns out that we got a very very good price for the whole thing so as it stands at the moment, i'm happy with this.

The Villa
Although these poor human are our BBFs, we haven't been on holidays with them before. So with this in mind, i wanted to make sure we had a villa that was big enough for us to stay apart if necessary. We sent for an 8 bedroom one with a movie room for the boys. Obvs there is a pool and i'm also prebooked the "gold" level hamper. I suspect we won't be getting to the villa until late so at least we can have a glass of wine (sorry, i mean a light snack) before bed

Cars
We have booked 2 cars, one for each family. One of the cars is normal one whilst the other is a 7 seater so we do have the option to go together if that is how we feel for the day.

Extras (oooppps)
So, as if the cost of this isn't enough, the female BFF and i decided to book one night at the Hard Rock Hotel for everyone. This is purely so we can take advantage of the fast passes for two whole days. it worked out half the cost of buying passes for everyone so i think there is a bargain there somewhere. And thats the story we're sticking with...

Tickets
Park tickets have been booked through Attraction Tickets (as has the Hard Rock hotel night - two rooms). Really impressed with their service too. We went for the Disney and Universal combo. Decided not to worry about Bush Gardens or Sea world - if we wanted to go we will get a day ticket. But to be honest, i think there is more than enough things to do.

And finally...
A massive thank you to you, lovely DIBB family. Lots and lots of suggestions, ideas, help, advice. Its been enough to keep this old gal busy and to stop me from stressing to much.

Final note
My darling dad passed away a few weeks back, very unexpectantly. He was looking forward to hearing all about our trip. The funeral has just taken place and now we can get on with the trip and adjusting to life with out him in it.
The Stars Wars stuff is all for you, dad.

Big Love
Angel
x

Old 27 Jul 22, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

Hope you have a lovely trip! xx
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hope you have a fabulous trip!

Sorry to hear about your sudden loss.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List