Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 30 May 22, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Sounds like you're having a perfect trip. Lots of tasty treats and you're still managing fun chilled out things like the pool and movie under the stars. The food court food does seem good too.
There was lots of food in the parks I wanted to try and I have tried most of them now but I can’t fit them all in sadly so they will have to wait til a different time. Both the kids love the pool so we try to get in it every night about 8pm even though I want to sleep🤣

The food court is just so easy with the kids. As we are focusing on the rides we don’t stop for lunch til 2-3pm and by the time we are hungry again it’s 8pm and I can’t be bothered with the faff of going back out.

Edited at 10:36 AM.
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Really enjoying this!

I also hate it when they rush you as you describe. It irritates me when the servers clear plates while someone on the table is still eating and also when they bring the bill super quickly without you asking for it. It really leaves a sour taste, especially when you are paying £100 plus for a dining experience.

I do find that this is more common on site than off site.

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Originally Posted by Florida-Sarah View Post
Really enjoying this!

I also hate it when they rush you as you describe. It irritates me when the servers clear plates while someone on the table is still eating and also when they bring the bill super quickly without you asking for it. It really leaves a sour taste, especially when you are paying £100 plus for a dining experience.

I do find that this is more common on site than off site.
Aww thank you!

Honestly… it’s so annoying. Specially when he offered me a box for the food I was still eating! Why would I want to take it away with me when I’m paying to eat in there 😂

Applebees also felt kind of rushed but nothing like T-Rex!

I think I’m so used to leisurely sitting at a table in the UK after and chatting/drinking 😂
Old 31 May 22, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Great report so far, thanks for sharing.

Sounds awful in t-rex, how rude of the server.

Looking forward to reading more x

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Pulled pork burger looked amazing 🤩
Shame about Sci Fi Diner we did it once years ago found it very dark & rushed too 🤦

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Great report so far

Nice to see some good food court options.

I liked the look of your pink slush cocktail in Epcot!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 22, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Fab report - thanks for doing this.

You’ve had lots of great snacks and meals, Sanaa looked lovely, but cheeky of the server in T-Rex, I’ve felt rushed before but never been offered to box up my food while I’m still actively eating my meal.

Shame your daughter was unwell for a bit but looks like you are all having a great time with parks and chill time. Enjoy.
Old 26 Jul 22, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Steveswift
Trading Disney Pins

Great report, thanks
Steveswift is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Enjoyed your report. We like the foodcourt at the All stars too - very handy with children.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa

Sorry for the pause in this. We came back and then life took over as I started a new job but things have calmed down now so I’m going to add the rest over the next couple of days.

———————-

Day 11 - Magic Kingdom / Hollywood studios to get a BB8 for my daughter.

Today we went to Magic kingdom. We started of at sleepy hollow for breakfast and this meal was a hit with everyone. I thought the corn dog was a bit over done though & the chips tasted bland. I Bought the corn dog for my son but he ended up eating my waffle instead (gutted!).

After doing a few rides we got a few snacks. Micky ice cream, A Cupcake, Oreo Fudge & a peanut butter cookie. The cupcake was very messy to eat as the icing was so high but my son liked it.

Before we left the park and headed for Hollywood Studios we stopped in Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café. This was the worst quick service meal we had. There was large chunks of uncooked sprouts in my burger and overall it just wasn’t very good. I would not go back to this place again.

At Hollywood studios I picked up the Starbucks carrot cake! I was trying to get through the list of snacks that I wanted so picked it up to eat in the room later. I really liked this. It was moist/soft. My daughter also got another Starbucks.