Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 22, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Restaurants

Which restaurants do you recommend? We're half board and I was thinking of snacking in the park during the day and then evening meal use our HB vouchers. Obviously these are dependant on reservations but I'm just worried about my 9 year old, he's not very fussy and will eat chicken/fish. Any other's you might recommend over the below?

The Steakhouse
Bistro Chez Remy
Downtown Restaurant/Pym Kitchen
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Hunter's Grill at Sequioa Lodge is a good all you can eat buffet. Last time we were there we ate there twice (we were staying there also). We'd have happily eaten there every night...! Plenty of options for kids and the selection was amazing.
Old 29 Jul 22, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
Hunter's Grill at Sequioa Lodge is a good all you can eat buffet. Last time we were there we ate there twice (we were staying there also). We'd have happily eaten there every night...! Plenty of options for kids and the selection was amazing.
We are staying there too actually, I could maybe swap Bistro Chez Remy for that one. I think the menu in Chez Remy is a little out there for my 9 year old!
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Milliebob
VIP Dibber

Chez Remy and Captain Jacks menus are awful and there was literally nothing on the menu our 9 year old would eat. He liked Walt’s and PYM. Also Plaza Gardens was a good buffet.
Disneyland Paris - Jan 2016, May 2019, June 2022, July 2022, Nov 2022
Milliebob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I was there in November last year and did a short dining report, link in my signature below. Honestly, I thought the dining standard was pretty low overall, so much so that I decided not to plan too much for our repeat trip coming up in September. But I caved and have a full schedule of dining reservations anyway.

Last time, in the parks we went to Remy’s, Captain Jacks and Plaza Gardens (no characters at the time). We thought Remy’s was dreadful, my pasta was like the filled pasta you get for £2 a tray at Tescos, except I paid €50 for my meal. It was the place I really wanted to go to though and I am glad I saw the decor. At the time I said never again, although I looked the other day and it seemed less expensive than I recalled, but I don’t think I will be tempted.

Captain Jack’s we quite liked, although it was very dark, but we liked the ambience and the food was decent. I have booked this one again.

We had dinner at Plaza Gardens, it is a buffet and it wasn’t bad, at the time they had not reintroduced characters. I wouldn’t have booked it again for a non character meal, but I like a character meal in on a trip so I have a character dinner booked.

I was staying at Marvel hotel and visited both of the restaurants there but didn’t venture to any other hotel restaurant. I would not make the effort to go back to either if I were not staying there. If I were staying there, I would revisit Downtown which is a decent buffet but I would not go back to Manhattan,it is overpriced and did not provide the more grown up experience that I felt it marketed.

We had a few meals from Earl of Sandwich and the Starbucks in Disney Village (or whatever it is called). Enjoyed both of those.

In September I am going to try out both Walt’s and Auberge de Cendrillon which were closed when I was there last time. I like the look of the menus, although I am not setting my expectations very high because of previous disappointments.

I am staying at Newport Bay Hotel this time and we have decided upon the Cape Cod dinner buffet for arrival evening.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List