Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 Jul 22, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Grocery delivery

Hello

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to get a (non alcohol) grocery delivery nowadays.

I was going to use Publix but you need to be verified with a US phone.

Thanks

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

We used Amazon Fresh for our grocery delivery when we visited in January. We changed our location settings to the USA and signed up for a free trial. When the groceries were delivered to the resort, we then cancelled the free trial.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Instacart has always worked for us.
Old 3 Jul 22, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jshadd
Getting to know the DIBB

Here’s a few options

dvcfieldguide/blog/h...y-dvc-vacation
Jshadd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 22, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

We are here now, been using walmart, no problems at all, been paying via PayPal and zero percent fee credit card.
Old 5 Aug 22, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Scott family
Apprentice Imagineer

Scott family's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Looking at getting a delivery from Walmart while we’re there. When I’ve gone to put in my card details it’s wanting a US address. Can you tell me how you got passed this please.
Old 7 Aug 22, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scott family View Post
Looking at getting a delivery from Walmart while we’re there. When I’ve gone to put in my card details it’s wanting a US address. Can you tell me how you got passed this please.
What I did was choose PayPal as payment, I linked my zero percent credit card as my primary payment method to PayPal before I flew out to the US and it all worked fine. Must have ordered about 6 walmart delivery's. I also downloaded the walmart app and took the 1 months free trial of walmart plus which gives free delivery over $35. Just don't forget to end the free trial before you fly home.
Old 7 Aug 22, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Did you download the app once out there? And pay delivery charge for first order?

Did front desk keep for you or did you need it be there to take delivery? I’m hoping to get a delivery to boardwalk in October
Thanks

Originally Posted by scouser View Post
What I did was choose PayPal as payment, I linked my zero percent credit card as my primary payment method to PayPal before I flew out to the US and it all worked fine. Must have ordered about 6 walmart delivery's. I also downloaded the walmart app and took the 1 months free trial of walmart plus which gives free delivery over $35. Just don't forget to end the free trial before you fly home.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Scott family
Apprentice Imagineer

Scott family's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by scouser View Post
Brilliant and thanks for tip over the free trial. I haven’t got the app, so I’ll get it nearer the time
Old 7 Aug 22, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBrown View Post
Did you download the app once out there? And pay delivery charge for first order?

Did front desk keep for you or did you need it be there to take delivery? I’m hoping to get a delivery to boardwalk in October
Thanks
I opened the account here via a vpn, then downloaded the app whilst there, I didn't pay any delivery charges as signed up for the free 1 month trial with walmart plus. The delivery was very easy, you can pick an hour slot and near the time I just opened the app and you can actually follow the delivery driver on the map, I just met them outside checkin, we also stayed at the boardwalk but we always met the delivery, just picked a slot which was convenient.