Notices

Old 3 Aug 22, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Becca_
Trying for More Ears

Honeymoon - May 2023

Hi everyone

So I have tried one of these before and failed miserably, but here goes another try!

Background
So as the title suggests, this trip has been booked for our honeymoon. We are getting married 17th Dec 2022 and we actually have a few days booked in New York straight after. We are also moving into a new house in September so decided that would be our focus and we didnt need a big honeymoon. Howeverrrrrr after an amazing family trip back to Florida in June, I couldnt help myself and started getting quotes and we ended up with one we were happy with and oops it was booked!
We will really need to be saving hard to make this all work & all we've done is pay the deposit so that if we needed to we can obv cancel beforehand if we felt it couldnt work... but we're going to work super hard for one last big Florida holiday and then will concentrate on being sensible adults after that

The cast

Me, Rebecca - 25, will be 26 when we go (getting old!). The planner. Always planning Florida trips even when I know I shouldn't be! I have been lucky enough to grow up with Florida mad parents so have been many times, it is definitely my happy place and always looking for ways to get back! When I've got a trip booked I love planning out our days, keeping spreadsheets, booking meals & experiences etc its all part of the fun!

Daniel - 25, will be 26 when we go. Had never been to Florida before we met and has now been 4 times. "Go with the flow" man. Loves Florida, loves the heat, loves the food, loves the coasters, hates the planning. He definitely prefers Universal over Disney, due to the bigger rides but now even more so due to the booking parks in advance etc. Thinks a holiday should be do what you want, when you want...but still enjoys every minute of it whilst we're there (thanks to my great planning )

Dan is an avid golfer (if you cant tell by the tan lines from the first day of our most recent trip ) so might be looking to get a round in whilst we're out there, something hes never done before!

The plan
10th - 26th May 2023 - package booked through Virgin
Flying from EDI-MCO
10 nights Caribbean Beach Resort
3 nights Hard Rock Hotel
3 nights Holiday Inn Clearwater

Flights - We flew this route in June (we normally go EDI-LGW-MCO) and what a game changer the direct flight is! We live 20 mins from Edinburgh airport so it is so good on the flight home knowing when you land you will be in your own house in no time.
We originally booked PE with the package, but I've secretly upgraded us to Upper Class as a little honeymoon surprise for Daniel (also a secret as he would probs say no at the cost ) we were lucky enough to fly Upper Class with my family in June and it really was amazing so just thought if we're able to do it for our honeymoon, why not!

Hotels - We have never stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort, we've only ever stayed onsite once at POR, but the skyliners sealed the deal for this hotel and I am so excited. We visited the hotel on our last trip and used the skyliners and I cant wait to be there again, it looks like a beautiful resort!
Hard Rock Hotel we have stayed at many times (Dan says its his favourite place on the planet) we absolutely love the vibe of the hotel & pool area, and love that you can walk to the parks so easily. We are currently booked in a Garden View Room but may upgrade to a Club Level room if available nearer the time, as we have had it before and it is really good value with the lounge.
Holiday Inn Clearwater, never stayed here before looks like your standard Holiday Inn, in a good location close to the beach. Dan has never been to a Florida beach so excited to have a few chill days there with him & show him the area!

Still to do
So obviously we are quite a bit out from our trip but just making a wee list of things we still have to do/decide on and can mark off as we go!

Order new passport with new name for me & sort new Esta (Daniel will still have one from this year)
Buy Universal tickets
Decide on & book any ADR's for disney
Reserve Disney park days
Decide on car hire - thinking for the 3 nights at clearwater
Look at round of golf for Dan
Look at upgrading HRH room
Becca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It sounds like you are planning the perfect trip for your honeymoon. If you can't justify the upgrade to upper class for your honeymoon then when could you? I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Becca_
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
It sounds like you are planning the perfect trip for your honeymoon. If you can't justify the upgrade to upper class for your honeymoon then when could you? I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans.
Thank you! I've just read your pre-trip report, looking forward to following your journey too - how exciting to be finally getting back to the magic after a few delays - but looks like youve had some lovely other trips in the meantime... life is all about what you make it, isnt it
Becca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Becca_ View Post
Thank you! I've just read your pre-trip report, looking forward to following your journey too - how exciting to be finally getting back to the magic after a few delays - but looks like youve had some lovely other trips in the meantime... life is all about what you make it, isnt it
Yes, I think the last couple of years have made us all think more carefully about what the important things in life are.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List