Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 25 Jul 22, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Plant-based Paris: DLP May/June 2022 Travel Day

Travel Day Sunday 29th May: Eurostar, Newport Bay and Captain Jacks

Index is here

We had set the alarm for around 6am so we could get to breakfast the moment it opened at 7am. At around 6.50am we headed down to breakfast. We were early but first to queue which worked well as we could see other Disney goers lining up behind us. It was the usual Premier Inn faire and we ate a mixture of cooked breakfast, muffins, pancakes, crumpets and cereal between us. We had to order the vegan sausages separately which took around 20 minutes. They didn’t have the newly advertised vegan bacon. After breakfast, we grabbed our suitcases, did one final check and left just before 8am, making the short walk to St Pancras Station.

At the station, we decided to get some food for lunch on the train as we didn’t know what the offerings would be that we’re included in Standard Premier. Owen got 2 sausage rolls from Greg’s and I got a falafel salad and Ashley hummus and carrot sticks from M and S. We also went to the toilet and then waited for when we could start to queue.

They opened the queue around 8.30am. We joined it and went through ticket check, security and finally two border controls. The whole process took 45 minutes and although the queues seemed really long, they moved really quickly. We waited in a separate waiting area which had toilets, a Pret a Manger and a shop.

They opened the gate at 10.10am and we moved quickly. Our tickets and seat reservations were checked again before boarding. We had a table and 4 chairs by the door.

We left promptly at 10.31am. We had bought a number of things to keep the boys occupied including a travel version of ‘colour brain’ which we recently discovered and love playing. The boys also had their lego blind bags and magazines they’d purchased the day before as well as notepads, books and their ipods. They were never bored!

Soon after we left, our food and drinks were delivered. This consisted of a large pain su chocolat, yogurt, apple juice, water and then either tea or coffee for the adults. My vegan alternative was an oat bar. I was pleased I bought my salad! The vegan sausages rolls weren’t needed for the others though as their food filled them up!

We arrived at 1.57pm, were first off the train and barely waited a few minutes before the bus arrived for Newport Bay.

We were checked in promptly but decided to wait for our room to be ready as it was nearly 3pm. We got the boys’ autograph books from the shop while we waited. We liked the feel of the hotel and the smell! Owen did have to go and check again at 3pm as I was anxious to get going!
We had been given a lovely room on the 6th floor – 6263. It had a balcony and although it was by the lifts, we didn’t hear any noise whilst staying there. Great soundproofing!

Our view

Love the Disney details!

We quickly unpacked and headed to the park around 4pm.

First up was Star Tours as it had a 10 minute wait (it was basically a walk on). This was followed by Phantom Manor (also a walk on). We had dinner booked at Captain Jack’s for 6pm so we headed here next.

The boys had the set meal- quinoa salad, veg pasta and a Mickey cake. Owen and I just ordered the vegan lentil and plantain curry which was labelled as such. I thought it was really tasty.

After dinner we rode some more rides with short waits starting with Buzz Lightyear. Owen and Ashley went to ride Hyperspace Mountain but Ashley was 1cm too small. He cried! Hayden doesn’t like roller coasters so he skipped it despite being tall enough. Owen went on alone while the boys and I looked round the shop.

Next, we all went on a Autopia.

It was getting quite cold so we went shopping on Main Street for a spirit Jersey and a blanket! The blanket was a lifesaver for waiting for the fireworks. It was now 9.30pm and still not too busy so we sat in the Hyperion watching the Mickey shorts to keep warm. Owen and Ashley went on Star Tours again. Hayden decided he didn’t like that ride either.

At around 10.15pm, we found a spot for the fireworks. We like the spot to the side, near the Annual Pass holder building as it’s quieter, you still get a good view and you can sit right by the fence here.

We ate vegan cookies and the others had a Mickey beignet to share. The drones weren’t working for the pre-show, which was a shame but the fireworks were brilliant and I shed a tear. Ashley was very tired at this point.

The walk back to the hotel wasn’t too bad and Mickey was waving everyone goodbye.

It felt a bit like a Mickey cult with everyone cheering and waving at him! Then it was straight to bed. A brilliant first day and I was impressed with how much we’d gotten done.

Edited at 08:22 PM.
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 22, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow you did get a lot done! Shame about the drones, hopefully you will see them another night.

It’s so lovley taking your kids to Disney, makes you feel like a kid again yourself!

Looking forward to the rest!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Wow you did get a lot done! Shame about the drones, hopefully you will see them another night.

It’s so lovley taking your kids to Disney, makes you feel like a kid again yourself!

Looking forward to the rest!
Sadly we never got to the fireworks again but hey, I've seen a video of them at least!
Old 5 Aug 22, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

What a great journey there Amazing you could stay awake for the fireworks and you certainly got a fair few rides done . Poor Ashley not being able to get on
Old 6 Aug 22, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
What a great journey there Amazing you could stay awake for the fireworks and you certainly got a fair few rides done . Poor Ashley not being able to get on
I think it's actually best getting them done that first night. We did the same for our trip in 2018. I find we get more exhausted as the trip goes on!