Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 28 Jul 22, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thought it was superb... and this coming from an old Moddy boy... brilliant performances all round

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Saw it earlier this week... seeing it again next week, it was that good. Went with my MIL who was fortunate enough to see Elvis live during his comeback residency and she said the movie held up and felt true to the in person feel of his show.

It has also been nonstop Elvis music ever since in my household.

Evidentially Priscilla and Lisa Marie have given the movie their seals of approval. They said it was the best Elvis biopic to date; and done in a respectful way.

Go see it!
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sidsmum
Very Serious Dibber

I watched it last night, I really loved it. The actor or played Elvis was outstanding!

I did however really dislike the end bit of real Elvis looking so awful, heartbreaking. I wished they had shown the funeral bit and then shown him at his best. It was horrible to see him like that, so sad
sidsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 22, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Saw it for the 2nd time today along with my friend who was seeing it for the 3rd time. I don't have many memories of Elvis but remember Elvis films being on tv every day during a school holiday. My sister said it was when he passed away.
I remember the Bossa Nova Baby song.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

downloaded this today, will probably be watching tonight...
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadot
slightly serious Dibber

Saw it at the cinema for the 3rd time last week will be downloading this week to watch at home
Floridadot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

We saw it at the cinema at Universal a few weeks ago, I wasn’t too bothered about seeing it as I’m not a huge Elvis fan but like Baz Luhrmann’s films, DH and I went as the kids were going to see Minions and it was on at the same time.

It was brilliant! We loved it. Austin Butler, although he doesn’t look like Elvis, was great in the role, he must have put the work in studying Elvis as he was very believable. Tom Hanks was excellent as usual. There’s been quite a few Elvis tracks added to playlists on Apple Music for both DH & I since seeing it.

Since we got back from holiday, I’ve been back to the cinema to see it again, I took my mum, she loved Elvis when she was younger, she loved it too. I would go again but it’s finished in our local cinema now.

I’m sure there will be Oscar nominations to come.

Edited at 07:17 PM.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 22, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Finally got round to seeing it.

Really enjoyed it. A couple of bits dragged but overall good.

Imagine being at one of his early Vegas shows! Must have been incredible!
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 23, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Just watched this tonight on sky cinema. Mainly out of curiosity as my friend last night said she thought my youngest DS has a look of Austin Butler.

Elvis died before I was born so I was never a massive fan but I know my dad liked his music. The film left me with an overwhelming feeling of sadness for Elvis and how he was treated by his manager. I never realised that he was totally screwed over by him. I wonder if his mum had not passed, whether he would have had a different outcome.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List