Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 5 Aug 22, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NornIron
Gone all Goofy

MDE App - Individual logins? Two families?

Currently, I've got the MDE app on my iPhone, it's got all our details from our last visit in 2018 (me, wife, & 9 year old daughter)
For our Easter 2023 trip, I've bought tickets, and allocated them to each of us in my app.

I'm the only one with a logon for MDE, but can my wife download the app on her phone, and set up and account? What then happens to her ticket (that's allocated to her in my MDE app)? And if she can get all that sorted, can she also then see and make bookings for myself and my daughter?

To add to my confusion, we're travelling with another family, and it'd be ideal for us all to see each others bookings, make restaurant reservations for the whole group etc.

Im confused. and hope some of the Dibb expertise can fill me in on what's possible.

Thanks in advance.
NornIron is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

If you log on via wdw website rather than the app, you can send her an invitation from your friends and family list and she'll get access to it all. She just needs to set up an mde account and then the invitation will link to yours.

Edit - you can do the same with your friends too. Just look up friends and family in disneyworld.co.uk

Edited at 04:59 PM.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 22, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NornIron
Gone all Goofy

Thank you!
I followed your advice, and seems to be sorted now. Appreciate you taking the time to assist. 👍🏻
NornIron is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NornIron View Post
Thank you!
I followed your advice, and seems to be sorted now. Appreciate you taking the time to assist. 👍🏻
You're very welcome ! It's good to be able to pay back some of the advice I've received over time. Have a great trip !
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Sorry to jump on your thread but it looks like your question has been answered and I have another one if I may!😊

I am showing as managing all my families plans but not my husbands! He has his own MDE account and the others don’t - is that why?

He isn’t planning to bring his phone on holiday, so he won’t have access to his MDE - is there a way I can manage his account as well? Do I even need to? (His tickets are already showing on my MDE and he is showing as ‘my friend’, it’s purely that I can’t manage his account - will that mean I can still happily sort his genie + bookings along with my childrens that I do manage?)

Also, on our DHS day, we want two of us to try for rides first thing in the morning (I’m going to attempt to book ROTR and my son was going to try for SDD at the same time), does he need his own log in for this? (He currently has the app on his phone, but he’s signed in to my account as well as me).

Many thanks for any help 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Sorry to jump on your thread but it looks like your question has been answered and I have another one if I may!😊

I am showing as managing all my families plans but not my husbands! He has his own MDE account and the others don’t - is that why?

He isn’t planning to bring his phone on holiday, so he won’t have access to his MDE - is there a way I can manage his account as well? Do I even need to? (His tickets are already showing on my MDE and he is showing as ‘my friend’, it’s purely that I can’t manage his account - will that mean I can still happily sort his genie + bookings along with my childrens that I do manage?)

Also, on our DHS day, we want two of us to try for rides first thing in the morning (I’m going to attempt to book ROTR and my son was going to try for SDD at the same time), does he need his own log in for this? (He currently has the app on his phone, but he’s signed in to my account as well as me).

Many thanks for any help 👍
I think as long as he is on your friends and family list you should be able to do lightening lane bookings for him ok. Have a practice on the app. And, as far as I'm aware, DS will be fine using your account to try but you won't get 2 at the same time so it's possible you end up with none if the systems trying to get 2 different rides for the same people in a group.

Edit - my trips not til October so I've not used genie+ in the parks yet. I've set it up and shared with my group. Maybe someone who has used it will give a definitive answer on actually trying to get the LLs.

Edited at 09:15 AM.