Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 7 Aug 22, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Help please with 1 day ticket reservation

So we've bought 14 x 1 day tickets on Undercover Tourist for 24th August to use at Hollywood Studios. We didn't realise we would have to specify a date with the purchase but we knew that date had availability for Hollywood Studios still.

By the time we've gone back to check the date on the Disney Reservations system it now shows 24th as fully booked for Hollywood Studios!

So now we have tickets for 24th but can't book them on the Disney system.? Or will our tickets have been linked somehow to Disney systems so we will still be able to reserve that date?

Honestly starting to lose the interest in bothering with Disney now! I miss the old days of turning up at the gate on the day I want to go!

Edited at 10:17 AM.
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

If there no availablity for HS then you have missed out sadly, I was under the impression that all one day tickets for Disney bought on undercover tourist were date specific , I know the one day tickets from Orlando attractions I purchased were date specific, I would just book a park for that date asap and you can always park hop over to HS at 2pm that day you can at least spend half day there
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
If there no availablity for HS then you have missed out sadly, I was under the impression that all one day tickets for Disney bought on undercover tourist were date specific , I know the one day tickets from Orlando attractions I purchased were date specific, I would just book a park for that date asap and you can always park hop over to HS at 2pm that day you can at least spend half day there
Can we definitely park hop on a 1 day ticket?
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post
Can we definitely park hop on a 1 day ticket?
It depends on whether you purchased a base ticket or a hopper. If it’s a hopper then yes
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 22, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

I booked a one day ticket direct with Disney and the terms on the ticket state the date can be change upto midnight the day before it’s use date but that any changes in price for the new date will be payable. Am not sure if this applies to UT tickets but it might be worth contacting them to ask?
Old 7 Aug 22, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Ah just checked, we haven't got a hopper but we can change the date but will be at a cost if that dates tickets are more expensive

I think we're just going to cancel as we could face the same issues on every avaliable date, we won't know how many people we can book in and having 14 of us is going to be tricky
Old 7 Aug 22, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It is a right pain, I agree. That’s why it’s usually recommended that people buy their tickets much sooner than just a couple of weeks beforehand, especially if they’re a large group.

All tickets are now date specific, even the UK tickets. The tickets aren’t specifically for Hollywood Studios and they can be used at any park. Disney didn’t know you wanted a ticket for HS when it was bought. Therefore it can be used at Epcot and Animal Kingdom, which are still available on the 24th. Although I appreciate you may not want to visit either of those other parks.

As mentioned above, you can change the date if you want. If you change the date to the week after (29th to 31st) then the ticket price is the same so you won’t have to pay anything extra. Unfortunately the tickets on the Fri, Sat, Sun (when there is some availability) cost a little more.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
I booked a one day ticket direct with Disney and the terms on the ticket state the date can be change upto midnight the day before it’s use date but that any changes in price for the new date will be payable. Am not sure if this applies to UT tickets but it might be worth contacting them to ask?
Interested how you did this.
Was it on UK site.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Interested how you did this.
Was it on UK site.
I actually used a VPN and the US Disney site. Just clicked through from the ticket link on the MDE app
Old 8 Aug 22, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks all for your help.

We ended up speaking to the ticketing team at Disney who changed our ticket date and booked us straight into Hollywood Studios. Slight price increase as we are now going on the Friday.

These Star Wars rides better be bloody worth it! 😄