Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 22, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
and306
Serious Dibber

Booking cruise/flights separately

Hi, we are looking at doing a 4N (rc) cruise from port canaveral next year and was thinking of adding nights on in Orlando.
Do you think it would be ok to book flights separately from the cruise? As an example we were thinking Edinburgh direct to Orlando 27th May staying 2n in Orlando, private transfers to port canaveral on the morning of the 29th for the cruise then transfers back on the 2nd June to Orlando for 4N and flying direct(premium) back to Edinburgh on the 6th June.

We have been into a local travel agents and we were quoted over £11,000 4ad 1ch(11) for indirect flights Edi via dublin staying at Sonesta es suites on I-drive and the cruise in 2 ocean view state rooms with transfers. Sorry for the long post The travel agent advised us against doing ie separately that’s why I’m asking. TIA
and306 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
As long as you have a few days either end I see no issues.
We've cruised twice from port canaveral and both times were part of a longer holiday which was all booked independently.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve only ever booked our flights and cruises separately, as the cruise is usually just one small part of the trip. We are currently in Seattle, arrived yesterday, and will be moving on to Las Vegas, then driving to LA to board a cruise to Mexico. All elements of the trip have been booked separately. We cruise 3 times or so a year, and always book all parts separately and ourselves (don’t use a TA) but I appreciate that comes with confidence and it can be daunting when you first start out.
Old 29 Jul 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
and306
Serious Dibber

Thanks for your replies. I have mostly booked my trips separately but with it being our first time cruising I wasn’t so sure. The price difference is about £4000 so that’s a huge saving.
and306 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

We’ve booked flights separately this time as the cruise is part of a longer holiday. When I’ve done it before I’ve always just made sure to fly in at least a day before setting sail, but have always flown home the day of being docked
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Your plans sound fine - you have left time before and after the cruise to accommodate any potential missed or delayed departures. For £4000 saving it’s a no brainer.
Our rule of thumb is allow two days pre-cruise if flying long haul (one day in Europe).
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve always booked separately. We tend to have the cruise at the end of the trip and then travel home that same day though we have returned to Orlando for a few nights before.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Yeah we went via Boston in 2019 hired a car for a few days in Orlando then dropped off at the port they shuttle you to the port from the car rental place. I dropped off our bags etc at the port then drove over to the car hire place. Same when we finished the cruise got the shuttle to car hire place then back to Orlando

Edited at 12:39 PM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List