Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 May 22, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
The stardust is the one we went for given how often we’re travelling. Totally agree on how good it is and has been very useful on our backs given the different heights you can set it to.

We bought a seperate bag for it to help keep it clean on the journeys. We went for a massage table bag, which has been very handy being able to fill it with loads of stuff on the way out and back. Extra useful to be able to take things like a proper wipeable changing mat, pool floats and play mats that we probably would take it otherwise. I think the cot weighs around 8kg but in March it went through at 23kg 😬😂.
Oh that sounds a fab idea getting a proper bag for it. Do you have the link to what one got please?
Our car seat bag had so much in it on our flight home! Xx
Old 3 May 22, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
Oh that sounds a fab idea getting a proper bag for it. Do you have the link to what one got please?
Our car seat bag had so much in it on our flight home! Xx
I overdid it on this trip and it’s got a couple of holes/tears in it, so I need to replace it. I don’t expect them to last when they’re as filled as they have been!

I need to search for a new one before August.
This is the one I had:
H-ROOT Carry Bag for Massage Table Couch Beauty Bed Therapy 99 x 71 x 19cm amazon/dp/B071V7HY... g=UTF8&psc=1
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
I overdid it on this trip and it’s got a couple of holes/tears in it, so I need to replace it. I don’t expect them to last when they’re as filled as they have been!

I need to search for a new one before August.
This is the one I had:
H-ROOT Carry Bag for Massage Table Couch Beauty Bed Therapy 99 x 71 x 19cm amazon/dp/B071V7HY... g=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you so much xx
Old 4 May 22, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

I've just thought of one other thing ...if you have space consider taking a few puppy training pads with you, they make excellent lightweight changing mats for use on the plane or if you are out and about and not able to find a bathroom you can put them under your nice changing mat to protect it from whatever surface you're on.

Or of you're trying to keep your day bag particularly light they are great change mats.
Old 4 May 22, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by oh_darling View Post
Villa. What will we need for him and shall I contact the owner or buy our own when we get there? Thinking high chair, cot? We’re booked into a townhouse at Storey Lake as we wanted to be close to the action, have resort facilities we could visit, and also be affordable. Storey Lake looks beautiful and we’re excited to stay there! It’s a 4 bedroom with a little mini pool so perfect for what we need really.
I would check with the Villa owner to see what they have first, most villas we’ve rented seem to have high chairs and cots provided.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Oh my goodness GUYS thank you so so much for all your helpful tips and advice! I’m going to reply properly to everyone (sorry I have like no time with Teddy! ) but I just wanted to say thank you so much as you’ve helped us so so much! I’m going to add all these tips to our excel so we have them all in one place! ❤️❤️❤️ Thank you xxx
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MmmBlondie
Apprentice Imagineer

Might be a little late to the party since you posted in May but...

My oldest was 4 months when we flew back to England for the first time. Shes a very seasoned traveler now at 7 lol. The bassinet thing on BA worked sort of well young but we traveled at 6 months and 9 months across the Atlantic and she was too big for it to be safe really. Easily pilled herself up in it. I would 100% recommend just sucking it up and having a lap infant or buying another seat and letting Teddy have his own space.

You can bring your car seat and use this on the plane as if he was in the car but then our car seats here in the US are pretty different I found. Couldn't tell you if US/UK ones would work the same in the sense of installation. I always kept car seats at my parents house when we visit the UK. I hated how some UK car seats didn't have chest straps. But our car seats are expensive. I'm currently pregnant and need a new infant one lol...looking at close to $200 for some which includes the base or 300-$400 to include the stroller it connects with. I wouldn't personally rent one but it will be your choice if bring or buy. It might be worth you getting a whole travel system aka seat, base and stroller but be wary how you will leave the airport. If in doubt - you can go to any FL police or fire station and they will install your car seat for free the safe and proper way.

Until I read other comments I didn't think our diapers here were expensive but maybe they are lol. If you do decide to buy out here they're the same basically. I prefer Pampers saddlers personally.

Highchairs - all restaurants will have them but you can pick one up for cheap online and have it delivered or ask your hosts.

I'm a breastfeeder too and at 9 months he should be eating little bits of solid food but if you do need formula be wary. We had a nationwide shortage that is still partially going on. I know friends who couldn't find formula for weeks cause their kids are on special formula. People were scamming others and paying $200 for a tin. So maybe bring your own as back up.

In general though, parks are pretty easy with little ones. Just use a stroller or baby wear, change in the baby rooms, take in the sights and sounds
Getting around is too, just remember places here rarely have mommy and me parking spots. Driving is a piece of cake here but Orlando is always under construction somewhere lol. i4 is a pain but what else can you do. Invest in a surpass if your rental doesn't come with one - which it should.

If your VRBO has a pool make sure screen doors have sensors and don't unplug them. My husbands nephew unfortunately drowned in their pool cause he got out unnoticed. And their sensors weren't unplugged. Check your shoes and little ones clothes. Remember we have a lot of venomous snakes, spiders and bugs. Plus all types of wildlife. We currently have an armadillo running rampant through our yard lol.

Enjoy your time I cant remember what else you wrote, baby brain haha, but as a British Expat who has lived in FL for 10yrs, married, divorced, remarried, has 1 kid, pregnant with another and has gone through all the highs n lows of "Florida living" I could probably answer anything lol.
MmmBlondie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List