Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 22, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I have just seen it on another cruise forum. The Princess plus will have included the gratuity up to $12 only. So I think it does make sense that any cost above the $12 would have the extra 18% added. We haven’t actually been on our cruise just yet. Will have to confirm next month !

I was surprised when I saw these new menus. I was expecting a lot more drinks to be above $12. It seems to be mainly the wines that have increased in price. I’m not much of a connoisseur so I’m still happy with my Princess plus.
Yes that does make sense

Yes not a wine drinker so doesn’t bother me

Enjoy your cruise 🚢

Edited at 11:23 AM.
Eeyorefanuk is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
That’s interesting, what made the difference? we’re novice cruisers so any help is much appreciated x
Lots of things, I’ve tried quite a few cruise lines and P&O weren’t good! Entertainment not up to usual cruise ship standards, drinks choices really bad, staff not good, the only good things were the balcony cabin and the food wasn’t too bad. We had done a Princess cruise and Disney cruise before the P&O one and found ourselves constantly comparing to those which were way better!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We sailed on Iona last year and loved it. Couldn’t fault the staff, the entertainment was good, the food was a little too much to British tastes for me but my husband loved it. I haven’t been on my Princess cruise yet to compare. It wasn’t as good as Royal Caribbean but then it was nowhere near their prices either so I tried not to compare.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
Lots of things, I’ve tried quite a few cruise lines and P&O weren’t good! Entertainment not up to usual cruise ship standards, drinks choices really bad, staff not good, the only good things were the balcony cabin and the food wasn’t too bad. We had done a Princess cruise and Disney cruise before the P&O one and found ourselves constantly comparing to those which were way better!
I think you have been unlucky.

We have been on Iona twice and didn't encounter the problems you mention.
We don't do the theatre shows but there were some fabulous acts on in the clubhouse and the acrobatics in the skydome were amazing.

We have also cruised with Princess and Celebrity and each has pros and cons.

We haven't done Disney cruises but we could get 2 P&O fjords cruises for the price of one Disney cruise, plus drinks are far cheaper.

My advice would be to pick an itinerary you like first, and compare the relevant cruise lines.
Compare like for like but don't forget that the US lines the drinks are often far more expensive than P&O and then you have tips on top.

There can be issues with every cruise regarding service, food, entertainment - you name it - but only you can decide if these things are enough to spoil your holiday!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We're on Enchanted Princess at the moment and it's at capacity. The speciality restaurants can be booked ad hoc and still have availability on the day. We went to Sabatini's which was £25 each and certainly worth it.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
We're on Enchanted Princess at the moment and it's at capacity. The speciality restaurants can be booked ad hoc and still have availability on the day. We went to Sabatini's which was £25 each and certainly worth it.
Are you enjoying the new ship or lots of “issues”

I always worried princess was too “stuffy” but loved the Sky in April
Old 11 Aug 22, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Boarding the Sky Princess for a 14 night Baltic in three weeks time and it will be the second time cruising on her. I really like Princess. Though I prefer Celebrity Cruises, the Princess Medallion technology is far superior to anything offered by any cruise line at the moment.

The website below is extremely useful when trying to find the right cruise itinerary and port of departure world over. I've used it for many years and would highly recommend it when thinking of planning a cruise. It pretty much has every cruise timetable for every cruise line for the next 3 years. Each itinerary has direct links to the cruise of your choice.

cruisetimetables

Edited at 02:29 PM.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk View Post
Are you enjoying the new ship or lots of “issues”

I always worried princess was too “stuffy” but loved the Sky in April
There have been a couple of niggles/frustrations but nothing that's spoilt the holiday. The main problem is that ordering through the Medallion app is very hit and miss. Staff have been very helpful if we've not received something that's showing as delivered and will quickly make it again.

The crew have been great; so happy and friendly. I don't know how they manage it with some of the rude passengers on board, it seems like some people's tolerance to minor issues and their manners have been left at Southampton!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
There have been a couple of niggles/frustrations but nothing that's spoilt the holiday. The main problem is that ordering through the Medallion app is very hit and miss. Staff have been very helpful if we've not received something that's showing as delivered and will quickly make it again.
!
The medallion was a nightmare in the atrium. After waiting over an hour for a drink we just ordered via the waitress