Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Aug 22, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Alarm going off , adjacent street

We live in a cul de sac but a house in adjacent street is maybe 3 doors away if that makes sense

as far as i can tell its rented out & seems to be unlived in for a while now, we can see from our house blinds down/garden overgrown. Looks like the immediate neighbours are away as well

since teatime yesterday the alarm has been going off all night & still going now.. sometimes just an annoying beep but currently the full bells & whistles

anyone know who we could possibly call ? council ?

driving us nuts have to have windows open in this heat
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

This is one thing that I worry about with our alarm although I have been assured that ours will stop after 20 mins which I think was or possibly still is the legal requirement.

I presume that there is no sign of a break in from what you can see? If there is call 101 but if not, then I think the only option is to try & find out who owns it.

Does the alarm box have the installer details on it? If it does give them a call as they might be able to contact the owners. Do you have the contact details for any of the adjacent neighbours?

I believe you can also contact environmental health at the council but based on what I have read with what they need to go through it won’t be a quick fix!

I feel your pain when you need your windows open! Let me know how you get on.

Dee x
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
We live in a cul de sac but a house in adjacent street is maybe 3 doors away if that makes sense

as far as i can tell its rented out & seems to be unlived in for a while now, we can see from our house blinds down/garden overgrown. Looks like the immediate neighbours are away as well

since teatime yesterday the alarm has been going off all night & still going now.. sometimes just an annoying beep but currently the full bells & whistles

anyone know who we could possibly call ? council ?

driving us nuts have to have windows open in this heat
Where we live the Council get involved and if necessary force entry and bill the house owner when traced. My Mate came back from holiday to a new front door lock and a bill!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

It is a legal requirement these days for the Bell Box to cut off after 20 minutes, unfortunately some systems have auto re-arm function which if not programmed correctly will cause it to switch off then back on. Or if its an old or cheap system it won't silence at all.

I wouldn't call the installers as they will want to charge you.

Call the environmental department at the council.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

I contacted environmental health years ago when our neighbours alarm was sounding for days. Neighbour who had to drive back from Skegness then had the nerve to moan that no one said anything last time it happened
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

bit of an update

Spoke to council / environmental health who advised as its a private property nothing they can do as they dont know who the owner/landlord is... asked if i knew !

Police 101 asked if I suspected a crime had been committed, said im not sure but dont think so... so they wont send anyone out...

but got home last night and alarm is now a slow fading beep much quieter , suspect the battery is dying, still going this morning but nearly dead i hope...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Yikes ! What a bother.

Might be worth sticking a note through the door with your number on and just say that you are happy to exchange numbers with the landlord for future occurrences like this.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Yikes ! What a bother.

Might be worth sticking a note through the door with your number on and just say that you are happy to exchange numbers with the landlord for future occurrences like this.
to be honest i'd rather not get involved, in the past the property has been rented out what seems short term to , dare is say, traveller types so in future i will ring the police & say i suspect a crime & let them try & deal with it

im sure they know some history at this address as they have been out before when things got a bit 'lively'
Old 11 Aug 22, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

In Scotland it’s not a police matter if no signs of anything going on. It would be referred straight back to the council as it is for their issue. Doesn’t matter if council or private.
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List