Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 9 Aug 22, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Love the Tram Tour there, great fun. HP wasn't open last time we went in 2018. Nice to have the original park and Orlando parks, each have good things.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for taking the time to do your live trippie I really enjoyed reading along

Nice to read about a few different places seems like you all had a good time

Joan
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

In LAX.
Go on if you must force another Panda Express on me 😂
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Looks like it was a fantastic holiday and I’ve really enjoyed reading along.
Thanks for sharing and safe trip home for you all 😊
Old 10 Aug 22, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Great trip report, sounds like you had a wonderful time. I especially enjoyed the LA and Disney parts as we're headed there next month.

How easy was it navigating the trails in Griffith Park? We're thinking of going there on our 1st morning as we're bound to be up super early so will hopefully beat the heat!

Also I'm glad to see you enjoyed Santa Monica, it's got quite a lot of negative reviews on Trip Advisor recently which has put my husband off going there but I want to see the end of Route 66
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
Great trip report, sounds like you had a wonderful time. I especially enjoyed the LA and Disney parts as we're headed there next month.

How easy was it navigating the trails in Griffith Park? We're thinking of going there on our 1st morning as we're bound to be up super early so will hopefully beat the heat!

Also I'm glad to see you enjoyed Santa Monica, it's got quite a lot of negative reviews on Trip Advisor recently which has put my husband off going there but I want to see the end of Route 66
It was relatively easy navigating the trails. We managed to do it by just taking time to look where they seemed to be heading. Be warned though if you want to move between Griffith Park and the Sign it’s a massive area. It will take you over an hour of quite hard walking between each, each way, and that’s after you get up there, unless you park up there.

Santa Monica should not be confused as the same thing as Santa Monica pier. The pier is decent and very busy. Yes quite a few homeless around the pier as there are around LA, Las Vegas and were also in New Orleans. Sad fact of life in many US and UK cities (Leeds’ homeless problem is getting worse I’ve noticed, and it wasn’t any worse than London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds really).
Santa Monica town is quite upmarket and full of restaurants and shops. The pier I suppose is downmarket as such compared to the upmarket town bit. It’s not like Naples pier for example, as it’s much more brash.
We were there for an afternoon and enjoyed the visit. On the pier as with any tourist trap be wary of dodgy street acts, peddlers, etc but it was packed and we saw no trouble.
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

I have really enjoyed reading along! Thank you for sharing.

Universal is a great park but very busy! We were all disappointed with The Mummy ride. We thought Orlando was better but it’s been a few years since we have ridden it so maybe remember it different but the 4 of said the same. Interesting reading a different perspective!
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
I have really enjoyed reading along! Thank you for sharing.

Universal is a great park but very busy! We were all disappointed with The Mummy ride. We thought Orlando was better but it’s been a few years since we have ridden it so maybe remember it different but the 4 of said the same. Interesting reading a different perspective!
Yes funnily enough we all thought it was better, particularly the launch. And the cold fog. But it’s not very long.
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Read a lot of this in the last hour or so.

It looks like you had such a good time any you did loads.

I really like the look of Disneyland and would love to go one day.
Old 10 Aug 22, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab trip report and came at just the right time to get me super excited. Thanks for taking the time to write it, don’t know how you did it whilst there!