Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Melville
Very Serious Dibber

Non-greasy sun cream

I know there have been a lot of sun scream posts on here but could anyone advise on a non-greasy sun cream for park days?

I’ve tried the Soltan aerosol spray which is great but really expensive for how quickly you use it. The cheaper Aldi version is ok but a bit greasy and doesn’t seem to dry as well.

The best I’ve ever used was Bananna Boat sport which we bought when in Florida when we had ran out but ideally hoping to take some rather than buy it out there if possible.

Thanks
Old 10 Aug 22, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

I love banana boat but my supplies have run out so i tried the ambre solaire mist spray and the Sainsburys own Sun protect mist spray. The sainsburys one was great, not greasy. I have fair skin and burn easily and despite being in the sun all day it protected me well.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I buy the coppertone sport when we get to the states, it’s usually about $12 for 2 cans. I can’t stand actual suncream, especially when you’re so sweaty out there. They have much more choice out there and are made for that climate so always get it tgere.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotts2a
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Scotts2a's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I buy the coppertone sport when we get to the states, it’s usually about $12 for 2 cans. I can’t stand actual suncream, especially when you’re so sweaty out there. They have much more choice out there and are made for that climate so always get it tgere.
Plus it's less to carry over there 😂
Scotts2a is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melville View Post
ideally hoping to take some rather than buy it out there if possible.

Thanks
Why? Buy the sunscreen at Walgreens, far more choice, especially for that climate and cheaper.

Edited at 07:40 PM.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I've just used Altruist spray in Spain and that was non-greasy
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
saint rob
Serious Dibber

Asda do a mist spray which is really good. £3.50 a can
saint rob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinklebell View Post
I love banana boat but my supplies have run out so i tried the ambre solaire mist spray and the Sainsburys own Sun protect mist spray. The sainsburys one was great, not greasy. I have fair skin and burn easily and despite being in the sun all day it protected me well.
I absolutely love banana boat dry oil and I get an amazing tan with it! Unfortunately I can’t get it in U.K. and last time In Florida I bought several cans for future holidays and have just about run out! I’m hoping walgreens still have it, other than that sea and ski is also good which I got in Walmart.
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Alfiebeau
Trying for More Ears

We buy Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunscreen Spray over there - haven't used anything else for years and never burn, its also very good for anyone with sensitive skin. We love it so much that if we run out at home I pay the postage to ship it over !
Alfiebeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alfiebeau View Post
We buy Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunscreen Spray over there - haven't used anything else for years and never burn, its also very good for anyone with sensitive skin. We love it so much that if we run out at home I pay the postage to ship it over !
I’m going to definitely try this could you tell me where to get it from?
Neutrogena creams are lovely!
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List