Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
RalphieBoy
Trying for More Ears

I’m a fan of Piz Buin this year 👍🏻
RalphieBoy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Alfiebeau
Trying for More Ears

It's so good we've used it for years and the fact that you just spray on and no need to rub in and drys almost instantly.

You can get it from most places - Walmart, Target, Walgreens etc. I usually stock up with whoever has it for buy one get one 50% off although we'd happily pay full price
Alfiebeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

I use Hawaiian Tropic Satin Protection spray and find that this is not greasy
Disney Planning is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi look at the brands that people use for sport. Simply spray and the dry within seconds , no rubbing in
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

I’ve just started using the 8 hour cream on the kids, topping up later in the day.

I tried Soltan, greasy, sticky and stains clothes. I also tried Ultrasun, which is superb. Not sticky, no one burns, doesn’t stain clothes. Really expensive compared to others but can get it on offer from Amazon.
arielrocks is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris71
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I buy the coppertone sport when we get to the states, it’s usually about $12 for 2 cans. I can’t stand actual suncream, especially when you’re so sweaty out there. They have much more choice out there and are made for that climate so always get it tgere.
I'm another coppertone user, used it the very first time I went to Florida years ago and even got a free coppertone towel the first year I ever went which I still have today .

Always take a small sun tan spray for the day we arrive then go in to Walmart and buy a few packs for the while we are there. Plus it seems to leave you with a nice and lasting tan.
Chris71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I get oily skin but found Piz Buin Allergy the best so far. It doesn't make me feel like I'm slathered in butter 😂
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We find the Aldi dry mist one really good.
MrsEgg is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
I’ve just started using the 8 hour cream on the kids, topping up later in the day.

I tried Soltan, greasy, sticky and stains clothes. I also tried Ultrasun, which is superb. Not sticky, no one burns, doesn’t stain clothes. Really expensive compared to others but can get it on offer from Amazon.
Would you mind sharing exactly which one you use please? My teens thought they knew better this summer by saying they didn't want to use the soltan kids anymore and wanted to use "normal" suncream and ended up getting burnt. They couldn't get their head around why I was constantly nagging them to reapply it.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
CoasterLady
Proud to wear my Ears

p20 factor 50 (the trick is put it on while you're getting dressed so you don't get it on clothes).

Then take a bottle of nivea waterproof to top up in the afternoon
CoasterLady is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List