Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 22, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Cash tills and no car

Do parks or places like Disney springs have cash tills? We are not hiring a car this year but may want to get cash out for tips.

We have a starling card so no transaction fees. Any suggestions are welcomed please.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Yeah, all WDW parks, hotels and Disney Springs have ATM's. They charge $3 or $4 per withdrawal.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Why not just get some dollars before you go? Apparently Tesco sell packets of $1 bills.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Ha! Yes we are taking some cash but if i need more I would like to know where to get some!
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Yeah, all WDW parks, hotels and Disney Springs have ATM's. They charge $3 or $4 per withdrawal.
Thank you
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

Everywhere takes cash. Even during covid, whilst advised to pay card to lessen handling things, no where actually stopped taking cash, since that would be illegal.
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andysaurus View Post
Everywhere takes cash. Even during covid, whilst advised to pay card to lessen handling things, no where actually stopped taking cash, since that would be illegal.
Not Orlando but I’ve been in places in Florida that are card only; it may or may not be illegal for a business in the US to refuse cash; depends where in the US they are.
Looks like there is no federal law that requires the acceptance of cash but some states have introduced bills making it illegal for businesses to refuse cash.
Reports suggest that it tends to be blue states that made it illegal to refuse cash; Florida is a red state but not sure what their stance is/was.

It’s perfectly legal for a business in the U.K. to refuse cash or to refuse cards.
mobiletransaction/sh...your-business/

Edited at 11:20 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Not Orlando but I’ve been in places in Florida that are card only; it may or may not be illegal for a business in the US to refuse cash; depends where in the US they are.
Looks like there is no federal law that requires the acceptance of cash but some states have introduced bills making it illegal for businesses to refuse cash.
Reports suggest that it tends to be blue states that made it illegal to refuse cash; Florida is a red state but not sure what their stance is/was.

It’s perfectly legal for a business in the U.K. to refuse cash or to refuse cards.
Yep, the Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips restaurant actually had signs on the door: "Please note: We are a cashless venue".
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post

If a business refuses my cash, then I won't buy.
Likewise with card.
They'll take what I wish to pay with, or not at all.
May 2023 Rosen Int'l
JP81 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JP81 View Post
If a business refuses my cash, then I won't buy.
Likewise with card.
They'll take what I wish to pay with, or not at all.
I guess they have a reason for their decision; their choice & also your choice.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List