Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 Aug 22, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Such a shame about HBD and having pre-mixed margaritas - that is not on. The jalapeno pretzel looks yummy and the other margarita much better. BTW if you like the margaritas in Epcot with the spicy salty mix you can buy that from Amazon - it's called Tajin Mexican seasoning and I use it in different things (ok, mostly in my tuna mayo but I love it).
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

What a shame that you didn't enjoy the margarita flight after you'd been looking forward to it for so long. Your other margarita looks much better and the jalapeno pretzel sounds good.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I really must try a jalapeño cream pretzel, they always sound good!

So pleased you got a good margarita in the end
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Finally caught up, you've had so many lovely cocktails and eats. Thank you for reminding me about the wonderful magic cookie bar and the Territory Lounge at WL, although I remember the pretzels being in sticks not knots. Always had my eye on that Ooey Gooey Cake at LTT too but never got around to eating there, sadly don't think you can find that elsewhere. It looks so good!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

I'm so sad about the margarita flight, that's 100% not on. I had a marg flight at Outback on our last visit (which was 2018 to be fair) which was amazing if you happen to go there

I absolutely love a jalapeno cheese pretzel and the watermelon margarita looks like a great improvement on HBD. We've only been to HBD once and had such a terrible experience I vowed never to return

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m so pleased to see you redeemed your HBD visit with that gorgeous looking watermelon Margarita and jalapeño pretzel! Xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I can stop reading now, you’ve just eaten my top Disney snack of all time. I’d still eat one some snacks are worth slipping off low carb for! Glad Joes came to the rescue with a quality cocktail and quality snack.
Old 11 Aug 22, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I know I'm too late with this information (great report by the way!) but the Tune In Lounge in HS does an amazing margarita. We had stopped for a milkshake, sadly they aren't selling them at the moment but my goodness did we all get half cut instead!
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Ahhh a marg and a jalapeño cheese pretzel from Joes - the stuff of dreams. I’m so glad you made it happen. The watermelon marg looks lush. I actually make plans to go here even if I don’t have plans in the area, it’s that good 😍
It was so good. Made up for the poor show at HBD.

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
My husband loves those pretzels.
Very tasty indeed.

Originally Posted by Leebie3376 View Post
Gosh agree really would expect better at HBD Lounge for the price. Love the look of the jalapeño pretzel! POFQ had them when I was there a few years ago, fab.

Glad you’ve been enjoying the Boardwalk vibe
We are really enjoying the Boardwalk, it sort of crept up on us. It's a great resort.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Such a shame about HBD and having pre-mixed margaritas - that is not on. The jalapeno pretzel looks yummy and the other margarita much better. BTW if you like the margaritas in Epcot with the spicy salty mix you can buy that from Amazon - it's called Tajin Mexican seasoning and I use it in different things (ok, mostly in my tuna mayo but I love it).
Ooh that's a good tip. I'll look that up on Amazon. Thank you. At home I usually make my own with a very small amount of caster sugar and salt. In the autumn I like a little bit of cinnamon with it and have cider margaritas. I'll definitely look it up.

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
What a shame that you didn't enjoy the margarita flight after you'd been looking forward to it for so long. Your other margarita looks much better and the jalapeno pretzel sounds good.
It was so good and the pretzel was amazing.

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
I really must try a jalapeño cream pretzel, they always sound good!

So pleased you got a good margarita in the end
We ended up going back at the end of the day. So I tried another couple to test them out! Spoiler alert - they only make good margaritas!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List