Notices

Old 7 Jan 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Magic 3 do DLP - Feb 2018

With just 38 days to go, I thought it was time to start a little pre-trippie about our upcoming visit to the Mouse.

The Magic 3 are me (Tara), DH Mark and DS Heath (aged 6)

My favourite Disney films are Robin Hood and Sleeping Beauty, I can't wait for all the shows, parades and fireworks as well as the rides and seeing characters.
Mark's favs are the Lion King and Jungle Book - he's really looking forward to all the Star Wars stuff as we're there for the Season of the Force.
And Heath's favourite films are The Rescuers and Black Cauldron, he hates fast rides and is mostly going along with it all to keep us happy will be interesting to see if he comes back a Disney convert!

I'm the main instigator behind the trip. I discovered the dibb a few years ago and promptly became obsessed with dragging the family to a Disney park somewhere asap! We actually had a holiday booked to Disney World for October 2017 but ended up cancelling it, but a few months ago a friend let me know the free days offer was on at DLP so I booked it up sharpish!

We're going Wed 14th - Sun 18th Feb, staying in a lake side Newport Bay room and going by Eurostar from St Pancreas.

I went to DLP the first year it opened with my family (25 years ago obviously ) and here are my main memories of it...
1) we went to Paris first and us kids were bugging my dad for a McDonalds leading to his infamous outburst, "I brought you to gay Paree and all you want to eat is a b!**dy McDonalds!"
2) my brother freaked out on Space Mountain, screaming "it's going to be a catastrophe, we're all doomed" right before we got in obviously my parents made him ride anyway
3) my parents hitting the cocktails and dumping us in the Peter Pan club but not before giving us loads of money to spend in the arcades - this was everyone's favourite night

So totally worth our parents scrimping the money together right? ha! We had a great time and I'm really excited to visit again with my family (first time for both Mark and Heath).

We've got the Inventions lunch booked for lunch on Thursday as I'm not sure if Heath will want to queue to meet characters so at least we'll get to meet a few this way.

Buffalo Bill's Wild West show is booked for Friday evening (I remember this from my first trip too, our team won and it was a great night)

And Chez Remy for Saturday evening - the three of us love the look of the theming of this one so fancy giving it a try

I haven't booked any other meals (we're not on a meal plan) and think we'll use counter service and places in the village for the rest of our food, plus a suitcase full of snacks to keep Mark's hanger at bay when I'm making us route march to rides in the morning

That's probably all for now, not sure much else prep is needed? If you think I'm missing something hugely important, please let me know!

MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Plans sounds great, love the trippie title haha!

I think Chez Remy sounds fab. Looking forward to seeing your photos on IG, have a brilliant time xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Plans sounds great, love the trippie title haha!

I think Chez Remy sounds fab. Looking forward to seeing your photos on IG, have a brilliant time xx
Thank you! And thanks for reading. I will be blowing up IG when I'm there, I'm sure x

(if anyone else is interested in following along on IG, I'm @mrstkp)
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Your DS' favourite fill-em is The Black Cauldron? I think he is the first person I've ever known (or known of) who likes that one best. We've never seen it...I'll have to keep an eye peeled for it on Sky.

We had a lakeside room at NB for our first DLP stay - both R.C. and I really liked NB, it's lovely and bright. Sequoia Lodge is pretty - but it was too dark for us.

Gill will disagree with me... but we thought the food at DLP was DIRE (you know I live in France for a few months every year; I've had a fair few French meals). Several new restaurants have opened since our last visit (the Earl, Five Guys, that Italian QS place, Chez Remy) but just in case, bring snacks - and if you have a car, bring many snacks.

One more thing and I'll say no more. You "know" my DH a little. DLP is the only place on the planet where he has asked (nay, BEGGED) to eat at McDonald's.

Good start! Looking forward to the trippie!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Your DS' favourite fill-em is The Black Cauldron? I think he is the first person I've ever known (or known of) who likes that one best. We've never seen it...I'll have to keep an eye peeled for it on Sky.

We had a lakeside room at NB for our first DLP stay - both R.C. and I really liked NB, it's lovely and bright. Sequoia Lodge is pretty - but it was too dark for us.

Gill will disagree with me... but we thought the food at DLP was DIRE (you know I live in France for a few months every year; I've had a fair few French meals). Several new restaurants have opened since our last visit (the Earl, Five Guys, that Italian QS place, Chez Remy) but just in case, bring snacks - and if you have a car, bring many snacks.

One more thing and I'll say no more. You "know" my DH a little. DLP is the only place on the planet where he has asked (nay, BEGGED) to eat at McDonald's.

Good start! Looking forward to the trippie!
I randomly had the book as a child so I've always been a fan and have obviously passed it on to him, I think he'll be disappointed when we fail to find any related merch!

Glad to hear the hotel is nice, I liked what I saw of it online.

We're going by Eurostar but I'm planning to bring a snack suitcase...all good holidays should have them this is mainly because we don't have breakfast included and I'm a bit of a drill sergeant on trips like this so I can throw food at the menfolk while I march them off for early hours or whatever it's called I've heard that the food is very hit and miss so I suspect McDonalds will make an appearance in our trip too - R.C. don't judge me, but I absolutely love their strawberry milkshakes!

Thank you for 'visiting' April!
Old 15 Jan 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
I randomly had the book as a child so I've always been a fan and have obviously passed it on to him, I think he'll be disappointed when we fail to find any related merch!

Glad to hear the hotel is nice, I liked what I saw of it online.

We're going by Eurostar but I'm planning to bring a snack suitcase...all good holidays should have them this is mainly because we don't have breakfast included and I'm a bit of a drill sergeant on trips like this so I can throw food at the menfolk while I march them off for early hours or whatever it's called I've heard that the food is very hit and miss so I suspect McDonalds will make an appearance in our trip too - R.C. don't judge me, but I absolutely love their strawberry milkshakes!

Thank you for 'visiting' April!
True story:

I was sick as a DOG for the first trimester of my pregnancy - but then one day I felt better - and I was absolutely CRAVING some McDonald's french fries (I've no idea why). So I asked DH if he'd go and get me some. We live in the country - so he had to drive, park, all that...and when he came back from the errand and I was tucking in...

R.C.:You know I've never been in a McDonald's before. I hope you appreciate the sacrifice I made for you.

Me: WHISKEY. TANGO. FOXTROT. (SEE?! We TOTALLY need Liz' emoji!) I have spend the last three months puking my guts out and fainting - and YOU'RE the one...OOH!

I know he was *sort of* joking...but still. So, YES - I knew things were bad when he asked to go into McDo's.

But as I said - none of the new fast casual places - or Chez Remy - were there back then. The Earl's gotta be good anywhere, right?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
True story:

I was sick as a DOG for the first trimester of my pregnancy - but then one day I felt better - and I was absolutely CRAVING some McDonald's french fries (I've no idea why). So I asked DH if he'd go and get me some. We live in the country - so he had to drive, park, all that...and when he came back from the errand and I was tucking in...

R.C.:You know I've never been in a McDonald's before. I hope you appreciate the sacrifice I made for you.

Me: WHISKEY. TANGO. FOXTROT. (SEE?! We TOTALLY need Liz' emoji!) I have spend the last three months puking my guts out and fainting - and YOU'RE the one...OOH!

I know he was *sort of* joking...but still. So, YES - I knew things were bad when he asked to go into McDo's.

But as I said - none of the new fast casual places - or Chez Remy - were there back then. The Earl's gotta be good anywhere, right?
I've never tried an Earl before so we will definitely be going there so I can tuck into the legendary turkey sandwich.
Men really don't understand the sacrifices of pregnancy! I was obsessed with anything sour, couldn't get enough lemon
Old 16 Jan 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Posting to say I am reading along...I love DLP reports as it is unlikely I'll ever go so I read along and imagine.

As for pregnancy, my first pregnancy I ate nearly nothing, lost a ton of weight and couldn't keep any food down. Somewhere around 25 weeks all I wanted was Chipotle, and DH wouldn't drive the 30 minutes to go get it for me. Second pregnancy, I didn't lose quite as much weight as the first, but still no cravings until third trimester- I wanted caramel popcorn, but by then I had my gestational diabetes diagnosis so I couldn't have it.
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
Posting to say I am reading along...I love DLP reports as it is unlikely I'll ever go so I read along and imagine.

As for pregnancy, my first pregnancy I ate nearly nothing, lost a ton of weight and couldn't keep any food down. Somewhere around 25 weeks all I wanted was Chipotle, and DH wouldn't drive the 30 minutes to go get it for me. Second pregnancy, I didn't lose quite as much weight as the first, but still no cravings until third trimester- I wanted caramel popcorn, but by then I had my gestational diabetes diagnosis so I couldn't have it.
Thank you for popping in! I will try my best to capture lots of details for you.

Your DH is mean! I hope you haven't let him off the hook over that yet (ever ) Sounds like you had it rough, I quite often say how much I loved being pregnant - which is when my husband pipes up to point out that I loved the couple of months in the middle but the rest was awful! Funny how the memory works
Old 16 Jan 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Your DH is mean!
Only with the pregnancy cravings (we are rather frugal and NEVER eat out- so I can see his point of view of "why would I drive all the way across town to buy food, we have plenty of food in the house.")

Otherwise, my husband is amazing. I think April said in another thread that when women get together to complain about their husbands, she wants to say "let's all list things we like". That's how I often feel at Girl's Night Out- there isn't much to complain about.

The only thing I like about pregnancy is that both times I've ended the pregnancy lighter than I started. My husband reminds me that this form of weight loss is often called bulimia. Oops. Oh- and the second pregnancy, I was walking 5k a night the third trimester because of the GD, so I actually felt quite healthy. It's just the first 25 weeks or so.
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List