Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 4 Dec 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Did you let the milk layer set before melting the white to pour on top of milk ?
Yes.. It was fully set.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Yes.. It was fully set.
Wow I’ve not had that happen before ? I’m as stumped as you!
I normally let my milk layer set in the fridge , remove, then melt the white , pour and sprinkle on crushed candy and pop back in the fridge until totally set . I really can’t think how that will of happened?
Don’t let it put you off though just try again
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I put in fridge too.. Such a waste not sure what to do with it.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Do you get to temper temp or do you just melt and go with it?

Old 4 Dec 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I just melt and go.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I just go with it , melt in a bowl over saucepan of water
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I did a quick google on this issue (as I also want to make some). I found a few websites that say it may be a condensation issue / room temperature ir more likely your fridge is too moist. Were their droplets on the first layer of chocolate when you brought it out?
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I don't think so but maybe, who knows. Tastes nice it's just not stuck together. I will try again at some point but I want to make oreo truffles to so at least I know how to get my choc cracky! Lol

Old 4 Dec 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellemum
Excited about Disney

Last year I bought some peppermint candy cane white chocolate from Love Cocoa online - it was lovely - I’ve ordered 3 more bars yesterday it’s £4.50 for a bar - they are quite big and packaged lovely - they always sell quickly as they are out of stock today - but nearest thing to Peppermint Bark I’ve had.
Bellemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
scush
Proud to wear my Ears

I made some following MrsBc's fantastic recipe, first few batches were perfect but yesterday I made some and the layers have seperated, still very tasty tho. Definitely was a condense on the dark chocolate layer before I put the white on! live and learn
scush is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List