Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 3 Jan 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile Too good to go app

Anybody used it?

I normally do a few hours a week at a food waste prevention project but couldn't go this weekend so thought I'd give this a go for a change. Got a Morrisons one ordered for tomorrow, wondering what random assortment of goodies I'll get 😊
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I've used it a couple of times after seeing it mentioned on a previous post. My favourite was beer from a local pub rather than them wasting it when they had to close.

We had a Morrison's box a few months ago and it was a huge box of fresh fruit and veg that was mostly on the date. I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't any prepared foods (i.e. cakes, sandwiches, sausage rolls) but I made some crumbles, cakes and soup with what I had. I wouldn't have another Morrisons one as it would be more use to a larger family.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I haven’t ever heard of this so off to investigate

I use Wonky Veg app but mainly ask for fruit not veg as I don’t care what is looks like as long as it gone into my porridge (from Borough Market) but all for utilising fresh foods - happy to make stew/soup etc and freeze if a litttle but of veg comes my way (better than the local incinerator)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I haven’t ever heard of this so off to investigate

I use Wonky Veg app but mainly ask for fruit not veg as I don’t care what is looks like as long as it gone into my porridge (from Borough Market) but all for utilising fresh foods - happy to make stew/soup etc and freeze if a litttle but of veg comes my way (better than the local incinerator)
There are usually lots of options in central London and that's where we've mainly used it before. We had an amazing lemon cronut from a coffee shop on Savile Row that we would never have stumbled upon without Too Good To Go.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I'll be more than happy with fruit & veg, I get through loads making soup. Anything else is a bonus!

Choices in my area aren't the greatest but there was Morrisons, Spar, and Gregg's to choose from. There's also a local bakery but the pick up time is earlier when I'm at work unfortunately.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
There are usually lots of options in central London and that's where we've mainly used it before. We had an amazing lemon cronut from a coffee shop on Savile Row that we would never have stumbled upon without Too Good To Go.
Thank you so much Beth - really sounds great and suitable for me as for the Cronut (off to seek one for tomorrow morning now ... ) xx
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Ive had a morrisons one and was all just veg, mainly mushrooms!
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’ve not found the supermarket ones especially good but I’ve had a few good ones from independent places in London. This was three pounds from a sandwich place in Strutton Ground ordered about ten minutes before I picked it up on my way to a concert in Hyde Park. There were two bags both containing the same so that is half of it.
Cities in general seem to be better for it. Newcastle was good in the summer too.

Edited at 10:48 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Ive had a morrisons one and was all just veg, mainly mushrooms!
Mushrooms are the one and only thing I won't be able to make use of, watch me get a bag with just those in 😂
Old 4 Jan 21, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Used the app a few times,costa mainly and yo sushi.Got 9 sandwiches from Costa for £3,just as well I have a large family
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List