Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 21, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

So that’s the UCAS form in. We will need to add another application on it as one of the courses requires both a ucas and private application within 10 days of each other with the private one being submitted first. That needs a headshot and some photos in dance poses so we hope to get those done this weekend and submitted and then add it to UCAS. Then we just need to wait to see if she gets any auditions and what the requirements are going to be for those. I’ve also just realised how much it’s going to cost us with fees of nearly £16000 a year. Better get some extra hours in!
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just found this thread. My DS has finally decided what course he wants to do - French with joint Business. Now “just” to choose Uni. Visiting Sheffield next weekend.
Old 15 Oct 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
You are so prepared haven’t even thought Uni yet never mind PS, DD is in year 12 no idea what she wants to do or where.
Don’t worry, when this thread was started our children were in year 12 but they’re all in year 13 now so hence all the personal statements etc. It comes round fast though!
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Originally Posted by Photogirl62 View Post
My DS is currently doing his application for uni (not Oxbridge) but 2 years ago we went through the Oxford route for my DD to do maths. Please ask if you want any info on interviews etc. She applied to St Anne’s and was offered a place but turned them down in favour of Warwick. Oxford were pressing her constantly for a couple of months for her to change her mind. They said people simply don’t say no to them! I was appalled at their tactics. Warwick is the right place for her and she plans to do her PhD at Oxford. All that said though - she does have their offer letter framed on her wall as it was such an achievement!
Thanks! Very likely to take you up on your kind offer!
So first step UCAS form done, and Oxford admissions tests downloaded, and her teachers have offered to give her feedback on them. So we’re in the right direction, Now I just need to start adjusting to the idea that’s she’s going to actually leave home

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

DD did her A levels this year but decided against going to Uni this year and would wait until 2022, as she wanted to physically visit them before choosing.

We did Nottingham Trent yesterday and was very impressed, next week it’s East Anglia and the week after that Bournemouth
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
DD did her A levels this year but decided against going to Uni this year and would wait until 2022, as she wanted to physically visit them before choosing.

We did Nottingham Trent yesterday and was very impressed, next week it’s East Anglia and the week after that Bournemouth
The "gap year" really worked well for both of our girls. They know their results before applying, they can arrange accommodation as soon as they accept an offer, and have a chance to work and get some money in the bank. Also, don't underestimate the value of being a year older, the maturity gained working and being away from school is very useful.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
The "gap year" really worked well for both of our girls. They know their results before applying, they can arrange accommodation as soon as they accept an offer, and have a chance to work and get some money in the bank. Also, don't underestimate the value of being a year older, the maturity gained working and being away from school is very useful.
This was exactly her thinking. She’s been working part time in Asda since Nov 2019. She saved up for a car which she bought in April and since then has been saving for Uni.

We’ll get the visits done and then she’ll apply, Nottingham said she’ll get a decision within 5 days of applying. She’ll be set to go without the worry of getting the right results
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RuthieR
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Wazza View Post

DH works at Nottingham Trent
RuthieR is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Well that’s the UCAS form done - now just wait to see what happens with auditions. Good luck to everyone else.
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
We’ve started thinking about it, I’d hoped we could plan some open days and what have you but not many places are organising any as yet. They made a start on putting personal statements together yesterday in pse which I’m pleased about as I think it shows the head of sixth form is on the ball. Having said that her singing teacher has said that it probably won’t be the right sort of thing for drama school applications so she is going to help her out.
She’s wanting to do musical theatre and we’ve booked her for a weeks audition technique training at ArtsEd in the summer so hopefully that will help as that is one of the drama schools she is looking at applying to. It’s really tough to get in first time from what I gather so she’s prepared for that but I’m keeping my fingers crossed anyway! She’s my eldest so this is all new to me, I imagine I’ll be asking a whole load of stupid questions over the next year or so!
What is your daughter hoping to read?
DD is in her final year of a Musical Theatre Degree so if you have any questions fire away.

A bit late to the party with DS as originally he said he wanted to stay at college and do his degree there and then last week changed his mind. So frantically looking at TV Production & Screenwriting degrees.