Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 8 Oct 21, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Back to the Future, which we saw 2 weeks ago. Stunning effects. DH isn't one for musicals but he said it was the best he's ever seen, praise indeed.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

Hamilton followed by Dear Evan Hansen, Come from away and Les mis. Cried pretty much all the way through both the first they are simply brilliant. Come from away is a rollercoaster of emotions with me laughing out loud one minute and crying the next. I loved Aladdin but it had a more panto feel.
Old 9 Oct 21, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jane23 View Post
Come From Away, which is currently playing in the West End, is by far the best musical I’ve ever seen, and we’ve seen most! It’s just incredible, based on true evens and very emotional, but also very uplifting!
I was about to mention this too. I actually can't speak about it without getting choked and keep saying why didn't we know about this?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

Back to the Future!
Went to opening night in Manchester and it was amazing! The effects as a whole including the Delorean were out of this world.

Worst was Mary Poppins. Absolute tripe that went on for hours and hours. Left at the interval as I thought it was the end and couldn’t sit through another second of it
Brennanhough is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jane23 View Post
Come From Away, which is currently playing in the West End, is by far the best musical I’ve ever seen, and we’ve seen most! It’s just incredible, based on true evens and very emotional, but also very uplifting!
100% this. DD and I saw this a few weeks ago and it was phenomenal. It's a much simpler production that the likes of Les Mis etc but the music is fantastic and it will have you laughing and crying. I was on such a high when we left the theatre!
HFJohnson is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

My favourite ever was Starlight Express.
Wicked is my current fave. Just love it!
Also loved lion king, Oliver, Joseph and Matilda.
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by shelly View Post
I’m obsessed with musicals! We saw 5 last month 😂. Jersey Boys is my favourite, especially with the current cast. Other ones in my top 5 are currently Frozen, Book of Mormon, Wicked and Mary Poppins.
Really want to see Book of Mormon!
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Phantom of the Opera, and Book of Mormon. Very different shows and both amazing.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Phantom of the Opera, close 2nd and 3rd Blood Brothers and Miss Saigon.
Old 9 Oct 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Not read all the replies. I fell asleep in les mis! And wat he'd the film and hated it just as much. Not seen mama Mia.
Book of Mormon is very funny. Going to see Hamilton soon hopefully.
Not sure what else is on to recommend.
Blood brothers, joeseph, phantom all very good
tiggertastic is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List