Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 6 Nov 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've barely started. I did get some stocking fillers this week, but I've still got loads to sort out...Best get moving really as I realised there's only 6 more weekends until Christmas.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Again, one of those that's cutting down this year. Would rather put the money towards our August trip. We also have a LOT of family birthdays before Xmas too.
Giving US Dollars as main gift with stocking fillers to open in the morning.

Most of the shopping is done, just book tokens for the Gt nieces/nephews. Got to buy 2 lots of secret Santa gifts, and a couple of things for myself from friends as we can't see them. Lastly some gift tokens for posting, so not doing too badly! 😀
Heard 1st Xmas song today while waiting for DDs bagel 😯
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have a new tree and lots of new non Disney decorations, we are doing the a blue and pink theme and putting away all the Disney stuff! I am bored with the tree looking the same every year, got a few presents for my niece and her gf and have loads to buy still.
Florida Tilly the Honu stuff is so cute and your daughter will love them xx
Old 6 Nov 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m doing pretty good
Eldest daughter 27 has Ugg boots , pjs , Michael Kors earrings camera bag and few smaller gifts , just need to buy her a Primark gift card . She has 3 children and I’ve bought them all new clothes , eldest has new football goals , console game .
Middle boy has a sensory bed tent cover , fidget toys and new weighted blanket . Youngest has Care Bears, doll and styling head. I will almost certainly add to these
Son has iPad /case pjs smellies socks boxers and a box of hats (he loves caps/ woolly hats) every year I try and do a fun gift and this is his this year , I’ve been purchasing them for months he loves the NFL/basketball ones . My favourite fun gift was a few years ago when he asked for an apple watch , I actually put a cheap watch around a real apple and wrapped it well it was an Apple Watch 😂
Youngest daughter, the hardest as she’s the baby who always gets ! Still a work in progress but I have ordered a special edition of Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone as she loves books 📚
I have also made up advent bags for the kids : advent calendars, Christmas duvet covers, Christmas tops & Christmas pjs . This will be all given on December 1st for maximum wear
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I have a new tree and lots of new non Disney decorations, we are doing the a blue and pink theme and putting away all the Disney stuff! I am bored with the tree looking the same every year, got a few presents for my niece and her gf and have loads to buy still.
Florida Tilly the Honu stuff is so cute and your daughter will love them xx
Totally agree with the decorations Sandra , we have 3 trees and I normally decorate according to colour of room decor but I think I may do a little change this year and swap in some new colour
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

feel like I'm way behind this year though some of that is due to the fact that a lot of the things on my list I need to get last minute or are cash based like top ups for a couple of games the boys would like but want to get as digital download rather than disk.

I have nearly finished the grandkids and my youngest has some baby yoda themed bits plus some disney tees as he hasn't actually asked for anything yet but virtually nothing for the others so far.
I did get ds some under armour joggers on offer the other day he's only recently started asking for branded stuff and typically chose one of the most expensive brands
dd asked me to get her a coca cola gift set we saw in primark so picked that up and she also saw some heinz ketchup stuff in there which she liked so will see if they have any left next time.

My lot never really tend to ask for much so struggling a bit with ideas this year as they have all the big ticket items and there's not really much if anything they need.

ds would like a gaming chair hoping for a black friday offer
and as dd passed her test I'm thinking some stuff for the car maybe a decent dash cam?
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Totally agree with the decorations Sandra , we have 3 trees and I normally decorate according to colour of room decor but I think I may do a little change this year and swap in some new colour
I have lots of Disney and we add to them every year, plus a few Harrods ones. I’m bored with red and green, white, silver. My sons not happy me and my daughter decided on pink and blue, I bought a Santa merman in blue from John Lewis and he said it was disgusting! 🤣
Old 6 Nov 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

I’m way behind and it’s not like me but I have very few ideas. I also miss some of the high st shops like Debenhams and think this is part of my problem. I’m telling myself it all gets sorted in the end - need Santa’s elves 😉
Princesses 3 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m waiting on one item from Next that’s been delayed from 05/11 to 15/11 and when I meet some friends in a couple of weeks it’s near a Primark where I’ll get the kids some PJ’s but that’s it. Everything else is here. I’ll wrap end Nov once I’ve got the last bits.
Old 6 Nov 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I haven’t started. It’s DD birthday next weekend snd ive not got much for that. We’ve been focused on trying to buy a house and everything else has been ignored. I need to get get organised. I’m not one to be all done in September but I have usually started by now.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List