Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 14 Jan 22, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
katerinaemalina
First POST

14 day theme park and Gulf coast itinerary

First post! First timer!
Any thoughts on this itinerary? I will have husband and 6 (nearly 7) and 9 year old with me. Going Feb 4-18 2023.
I've been advised not to miss Epcot, though I'm still not sure it would be worth it for the ages my kids are?
I also am unsure about the gulf coast. Myself and husband want to see more of Florida than just the theme parks and the gulf coast looks good. Or should we just can this and focus on theme parks?!
Day 1: Arrive. Chill or Citywalk. Stay Universal Cabana
Day 2: Rope drop Universal for Harry Potter. Volcano Bay.
Day 3: Universal. City Walk eve.
Day 4. Move to villa. Blue Springs State Park. Chill.
Day 5. Rope drop for Magic Kingdom.Character meal lunch.
Day 6: Hollywood Studios. Fantasmic in eve
Day 7: Epcot. MK Fireworks in eve
Day 8. Chill (or water park - Discovery Cove?) i-drive in eve-Titanic/Orlando eye
Day 9. Merritt Island and Space Centre
Day 10: Move to Animal Kingdom. Magic Kingdom. Tree of Life in eve.
Day 11.Animal Kingdom. Posh meal in eve at AK.
Day 12. Orlando outlets and drive to St Pete's Beach. Stay Inn on the beach.
Day 13. Beach time/Fort de Soto and Egmont Key
Day 14. St Petersburg Dali Museum or Museum of Fine Arts. Fly home.
katerinaemalina is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

I think it looks fab, busy but fab. Not sure why you need to go to Epcot, it's not our favourite and we didn't go at all on our last trip. Some people do love it though.
I think having a break from theme parks and seeing a bit of Florida is s great idea, even children can be overestimated by theme parks everyday.
Be prepared for lots of travel and factor it into your day, just getting to the parks can take up a big chunk. i4 traffic can be awful. I guess you are driving, in which case pick up a visitor toll pass and use the toll roads, they can be cheaper.
Hope you have an amazing time x
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Welcome

I don't like Epcot, I could easily skip it if I didn't have time to fit it into my schedule. So take a look at what it offers, maybe watch some vlogs, and decide if it's something that appeals.

I wouldn't make a special trip to AK for the tree of life on day 10. It's a few minutes show, I would just catch it on day 11 when you're there anyway. I'd do the MK fireworks on that night instead of on day 7. If you decide to do Epcot, see the fireworks there on day 7. Otherwise that gives you a full free day to go elsewhere.

When it comes time to purchase your tickets, make sure to check US prices. Because you're not doing that many park days, it could be cheaper than buying UK tickets. Especially if you stick to one park per day so don't need hopper passes. Park tickets are becoming the most expensive part of the holiday, so it's worth saving on where you can.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List