Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 30 Jan 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fifinefairy View Post
We are off in June/July. It’s been so long since we went. Could someone direct me to a link/info on this as I can’t find it by searching - probably using the wrongs words.
disneyworld.disney.go/gu...vice/register/

You'll probably need to use a VPN as the DAS section of the site is currently broken internationally.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

What do they ask in the chat? Do they speak to the children?
Both my children are diagnosed autistic with huge anxiety issues. When my daughter gets nervous or scared she needs the toilet. When she thinks she can’t go, she needs to go. You can imagine what flights and queues are like. She is 10 so it’s not like a toddler. People are nt as tolerant. As yet my son does nt know about his diagnosis so on the call I don’t want them telling him and neither child will speak to a stranger. My daughter won’t even speak to her paed consultant on video calls.

No way either child will tolerate a long queue, my daughter does nt have a huge awareness of time and waiting and will run off and probably have a melt down and my son just hates people and crowds.

What do I tell the cast member. We are kind of reliant on DAS as unless the standby is short they won’t be able to go on anything.

Thank you
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

You will tell the cast member everything you've posted above - they want to know why the applicant has difficulty with queues and you summed it up nicely.

The kids just need to pop onto camera for a quick picture.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 22, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Agree with Dr JJ. You don't need to mention diagnosis at all, just stick to the issues if the kids will overhear your chat. The CMs won't ask for specific conditions or repeat back anything you say. With mine, all she said was "it sounds like DAS will definitely help, I'll set it up right now" then asked to do the picture. Which my cat tried to join.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

Hi all

I’m very new to this DAS thing, have been to Disney a fair few times but my daughter will probably need this when we go next year, and we’re also going with another family who’s son will also need one do you know if we can do both children in one call ?

Also I will need to look into this VPN thing (I’m a complete technophobe)

Any help,or advice would be very much appreciated
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

For the VPN tunnel bear is a free one you down load it then set to USA.
I would assume you can do both in one call but not sure.
Have a look at which rides you can pre book before the call as not all are available.
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
For the VPN tunnel bear is a free one you down load it then set to USA.
I would assume you can do both in one call but not sure.
Have a look at which rides you can pre book before the call as not all are available.
Thank you so much for this, I have no idea when it comes to this sort of thing
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 22, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Also just to add, you will need both kids to be there if trying to sort them each a DAS. They need to take a photo of each child then and there for the pass.
Old 18 Feb 22, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Hello, we need to apply for DAS for 3 of the kids. We are a party of 9 and I've already spoken to Disney about linking us all together so we don't need to split up to use the DAS for each of them. I know the 3 kids need to be present for the call, but does the whole party need to be there to does anyone know?

Thanks!
Old 18 Feb 22, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Just the DAS applicants. It's for the I.D photo which is used to make sure the DAS registered guest is riding. When you enter the Lightning lane the DAS guest goes first and scans their ticket/band and the CM verifies they are present before allowing the rest of the party to tap in.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List