Link to this Post
TashaP
Very Serious Dibber

I waited 4.4 hrs yesterday for Disneyland, but, I got there in the end 👍

Tuscan Ridge - Easter 2009
Phuket Feb 2010 - Mandalay Bay Vegas 2010
Portugal Aug 2011-Thailand Feb 2012
Kefalonia July 2012 - G/F July 2013
TashaP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

logged on at 12 noon, call answered at 1307, das issued then online chat for advance selections- 2 1/2 hours in total I would say but worth the effort
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

So it’s it 30 days before we go to the USA or 30days before the last day?
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
So it’s it 30 days before we go to the USA or 30days before the last day?
Officially it's 30 days before your last park day but there are reports of people being able to do it anytime from 30 days before check in.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Officially it's 30 days before your last park day but there are reports of people being able to do it anytime from 30 days before check in.
Think I will do it 30 days before then I can always go back on 2 weeks later to do the selection things can’t I. Don’t really want to leave it much later. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it. Even though I had it last time we were there.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Think I will do it 30 days before then I can always go back on 2 weeks later to do the selection things can’t I. Don’t really want to leave it much later. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it. Even though I had it last time we were there.
Selections can be done later and you don't go back on to exactly the same chat so wait time should be lower. I did earlier than 30 days from last date (I think I was 6 days too early) but CM let me book for the extra days. To go back and do the selection later you go to the same page and chat but it comes up saying "if you are looking to make selections please click here" and it will transfer you to another chat.
Old 3 May 22, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
What do they ask in the chat? Do they speak to the children?
Both my children are diagnosed autistic with huge anxiety issues. When my daughter gets nervous or scared she needs the toilet. When she thinks she can’t go, she needs to go. You can imagine what flights and queues are like. She is 10 so it’s not like a toddler. People are nt as tolerant. As yet my son does nt know about his diagnosis so on the call I don’t want them telling him and neither child will speak to a stranger. My daughter won’t even speak to her paed consultant on video calls.

No way either child will tolerate a long queue, my daughter does nt have a huge awareness of time and waiting and will run off and probably have a melt down and my son just hates people and crowds.

What do I tell the cast member. We are kind of reliant on DAS as unless the standby is short they won’t be able to go on anything.

Thank you
My son won’t speak to people, especially on the phone/video call etc. they only need their photo so I started the video. All downstairs and just pre warned him I needed a screen grab photo when the time came and it would take 2 seconds.

I gave all his information, set it all up and explained to the cm who was not phased at all by it. I ran upstairs, opened the door and asked my son to look at the iPad for a second. The cm said hello, and then thank you, and I took the iPad back and out of the room. It was so easy and the whole call took 5 minutes to set up.

Setting up the rides was another matter, that took forever but doesn’t have to be done before you go.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
My son won’t speak to people, especially on the phone/video call etc. they only need their photo so I started the video. All downstairs and just pre warned him I needed a screen grab photo when the time came and it would take 2 seconds.

I gave all his information, set it all up and explained to the cm who was not phased at all by it. I ran upstairs, opened the door and asked my son to look at the iPad for a second. The cm said hello, and then thank you, and I took the iPad back and out of the room. It was so easy and the whole call took 5 minutes to set up.

Setting up the rides was another matter, that took forever but doesn’t have to be done before you go.
That’s good. As neither of mine will speak. Hopefully I can get them to look at the camera. 😆
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddiemoo2009
Proud to wear my Ears

DAS for 17 year old.

Thanks to the advice on here I finally got round to sorting out the DAS for him we go two weeks today,
Logged on at exactly 12 used tunnel bear for VPN waited till 1.20 spoke to a lovely lady for about 5 minutes she said he definitely is eligible.
Then about a hour on live chat doing our advance DAS we got the time frame we wanted and every ride bar slinky dog dash.

So pleased just hope we test negative by the 16th and he doesn’t get it as the only one currently not positive
Maddiemoo2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Howea1
Earning More Ears

Saturday?

I logged on at 4pm and am still waiting at 5.15pm so could a few hours I guess. Does anyone know if its open on a Saturday at 12.00 and would that give me a better chance of being answered, as have just got kicked out with an error code

Edited at 05:18 PM.
Howea1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List