Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
You can’t go back to Dumbo once you’ve done Hulk
He will be stealing that quote 😂
Old 5 Mar 22, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Bookings:

I’m finishing off the random admin parts of the holiday today and have been booking the bits I always forget about…
  • Insurance - I’ve booked annual worldwide insurance as Mark has a US trip before this holiday and we’re all off to Lanzarote in August. I just went for the cheapest option - as long as our medical care is covered, I’m happy.
  • Taxi - we’re flying from Heathrow this time and don’t live too far away, £85 for the return trip.
  • Esta - Mark will do his esta through work, but I’ve done mine and Heath’s so will wait with bated breath to make sure we haven’t been flagged as reprobates!
  • Lounge - we’ve got a bid in for an upgrade to upper for our outbound flight but I don’t fancy our chances so have booked No.1 Lounge just in case - around £77 with 10% off for signing up to the newsletter.

I haven’t booked fit to fly tests yet as I’m keeping everything crossed they’ll be scrapped before we go - but if that’s not the case, we’ll go for one of the online supervised ones as they seem the cheapest and easiest way to do it.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 22, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

LOVING your food list and all of the pictures!

I'm scared to make a proper list because I want everything I see 😂

We are the same as usually being on the dining plan, I'm hoping now we aren't that we get to experience more snacks that we could never fit in before!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 22, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
LOVING your food list and all of the pictures!

I'm scared to make a proper list because I want everything I see 😂

We are the same as usually being on the dining plan, I'm hoping now we aren't that we get to experience more snacks that we could never fit in before!
Hahaha, yep - see it, wanna eat it

With the whole genie+ nightmare, I’m glad we’re not on the dining plan and booking lots of adrs which would inevitably clash with a ride booking!

It’s getting so close now!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 22, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

We have now paid off our flights and the Disney balance - please take a moment of silence for the credit card.

As painful as it was to pay all that money, we’re so excited to have it all sorted!

Just ten days to go before we attempt to book our ADRs, I’m a bit nervous about it as it seems really tough at the moment.

I’ve already booked two Disney Springs restaurants through open table - The Boathouse and City Works - so much easier than booking through Disney!

The adrs I’ll be trying for are…

+ Topolino Terrace character breakfast for either day 6 or day 10.
+ Ohana dinner for day 2 (might be tricky).
+ Via Napoli for day 3 or 6.
+ Space 220 lounge for either day 3, 6, 10 or 11 - I know this is really hard to get so giving myself lots of options!
+ Oga’s for day 2, 7 or 9.

I’ve read that lots of people have luck making a booking the day before, as people cancel nearer the time so hopefully we’ll manage to get what we want eventually.
Old 12 Mar 22, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Ooh, getting closer. What’s the plan for ADR day? Are you able to have all the gadgets open bang on time?
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 22, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
Ooh, getting closer. What’s the plan for ADR day? Are you able to have all the gadgets open bang on time?
Yes, I don’t start work until 12.30pm so I’ll be trying on my phone while DH will have to block out a pretend meeting so he can try on the laptop
Old 22 Mar 22, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

ADR Day!

Today was the day - god, I’ve missed frantically refreshing the Disney site to try and get those must-have reservations

We only booked four in the end and got all of them for the days we wanted which was a relief because I kept reading how tricky it currently is to make ADRs.

So on our first full day, we’ve booked Oga’s Cantina for 11.25am

I’m hoping we can get an ILL for ROTR too so we can have a proper Star Wars day!

Then we’ve got Via Napoli for the next day at 1.20pm

My precious character breakfast is booked at Topolino’s Terrace for 11.20am on day 6

And our last booking is for the Space 220 lounge at 11.45am on Memorial Day - wonder if the new Guardians ride will be open by then?

We’ve also got dinner booked at The Boathouse at 6pm on day 4 and City Works lunch at 2pm on day 8 so the boys can watch the Champions League final.

I’m so happy it all went smoothly and we got everything we wanted. Can’t believe the holiday is so close now!
Old 4 Apr 22, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Woohoo - the opening date has been announced for the Guardians of the Galaxy ride and we will be there!

I hadn’t booked Epcot for the 27th May but have obviously quickly rectified that! I’ve also got Epcot reservations for the 30th and 31st which I’ll keep until we’ve managed to get on the ride!

I’m guessing they’ll offer a virtual queue and ILL right from the start, and we’ll be trying for both. Can’t wait.
Old 4 Apr 22, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Gosh how exciting. I was hoping this would open up nicely in time for all the summer trips.

I can't believe how tiny your countdown is looking now. Under 7 weeks is crazy.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List