Notices

Old 17 Feb 22, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Theme parks at Easter

Wanting to take my Thomas mad 2yr old to Drayton Manor over the Easter weekend. I'm trying to decide which day will be slightly less awful crowds wise as 2yr old aren't renown for their patience in queues
What do you think- busier on Easter Sunday or the Saturday? One side of me thinks a lot of families stay at home for Easter lunch on the Sunday. The other side thinks lots will go for a special day out.

Whichever day we don't go we will be doing Tywcross zoo so crowds won't matter so much. We are staying nearby so will get there for opening.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 22, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Megsey
Trying for More Ears

I can't speak for DM but I can give my insight from the theme park that I work at! In general, Sundays are always busier than Saturdays.

When it comes to Easter weekend, I would always urge you to go on the Saturday as Easter Sunday is known to be a special event for Travellers which means very busy and hectic theme parks.

Might be worth waiting for people who visit DM more often / live closer than I do though!

DLP: 2002 | 2003 | 2015 | 2017 | 2018 | WDW: 2002 | 2004 | 2005 | 2007 | 2009 | 2011 | 2014 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022 x2!
Megsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 22, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megsey View Post
I can't speak for DM but I can give my insight from the theme park that I work at! In general, Sundays are always busier than Saturdays.

When it comes to Easter weekend, I would always urge you to go on the Saturday as Easter Sunday is known to be a special event for Travellers which means very busy and hectic theme parks.

Might be worth waiting for people who visit DM more often / live closer than I do though!
That's so useful thank you so much!

I remember going to Longleat safari once and being told Easter Sunday was the most crazy day of the year so that fits.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 22, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Do you work at AT? As i remember always being warned off a certain day to visit because of this and can never remember which day it is.
We are staying good Friday at AT and coming back Saturday, first time without merlin passes in 10
Years 😭
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 22, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

my boys went to Thorpe park on an Easter Sunday and vowed never again for that reason.
Old 2 Mar 22, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I would go at the start of the kids Easter holidays as they currently building a new Viking area by the Buffalo coaster which is currently been rethemed to fit into the new area and rumours point to it maybe opening on the 14th April while Annual pass holders like myself go on average with my kids 2-3 times a month many visitors will be holding off to the new area opens.
Been 2 years old Drayton’s running there Thomas weekenders from 5th,6th,12th,13th,19th and 20th March which is just Thomasland and a couple of select family attractions with queues only been 1 cycle or even walk on at times.
draytonmanor/thoma...iends-weekends
For £30 for the both of u in advance it would be a lot more when the main season starts on the 26th March

Edited at 07:13 AM.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 22, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
I would go at the start of the kids Easter holidays as they currently building a new Viking area by the Buffalo coaster which is currently been rethemed to fit into the new area and rumours point to it maybe opening on the 14th April while Annual pass holders like myself go on average with my kids 2-3 times a month many visitors will be holding off to the new area opens.
Been 2 years old Drayton’s running there Thomas weekenders from 5th,6th,12th,13th,19th and 20th March which is just Thomasland and a couple of select family attractions with queues only been 1 cycle or even walk on at times.
draytonmanor/thoma...iends-weekends
For £30 for the both of u in advance it would be a lot more when the main season starts on the 26th March
Thank you that's very useful. We were wanting to visit over Easter as we are all off and it's something to do over the long weekend... but maybe I should re think as didn't know there was Thomas weekends!
Old 2 Mar 22, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

If you got older kids as well maybe look at going to the park when it’s a teachers training day. I can see the 4 days over Easter if the new area been open very busy
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 22, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
If you got older kids as well maybe look at going to the park when it’s a teachers training day. I can see the 4 days over Easter if the new area been open very busy
No just the 2yr old. Nursery has training days but the next one isn't until September I think. Annual leave is in very short supply so we can't really go on a week day!
Old 2 Mar 22, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I would go on the Thomas weekenders then as the park not released the prices for the main season yet but they were £31 online price last year with it £39 on the day. £11 online with it been £15 on the day for 2-3 year olds

Edited at 05:19 PM.