Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Feb 22, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Dr JJ’s March 22 Dining

So, didn’t get chance to do a pre trip but here we are. I’m a few days behind but as you might have seen from the Hard Rock room thread I’ve been busy

Six originally on this trip eventually became three and I might have considered postponing but it’s Callie’s 21st bday trip and I really wasn’t up for a fight with DVC over the hundreds of points that would be involved.

Callie was originally booked in PE with her sister and the two other halves so ended up in PE on her own in a reward seat. We stalked seatspy for 2 months but no upgrades came up despite 11 empty seats in the cabin - we were now at the mercy of the airport ticket desk.

Edited at 09:10 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 22, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

The lady at the desk initially started off very well, upgrades were possible, taxes quoted, card charged and seat chosen - then it all went pear shaped. Suddenly, despite my assuring her otherwise she insisted the computer showed Callie’s booking was controlled by Lois, and only Lois could provide the miles for the transaction. I’d never heard of this but apparently for airport upgrades the miles must come from the same account as the original booking. My flying club app had locked me out and Lous was in an interview so I couldn’t resolve the situation - refund was processed and the deal was off. The agent did say though if we could prove the error they would do their best to do the upgrade at the gate.
I was a bit disappointed with the ‘computer says no’ attitude but headed for check in and the lounge to see what could be done.

Edited at 12:50 AM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 22, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Twenty minutes before boarding I managed to unlock the app, found I had made the booking and headed for the gate to see what could be done. Didn’t start well - no upgrades after check in has closed usually but after hearing from the ticket desk she felt sorry for me and offered to see what could be done. I offered my card again and my FC number but were told to hang on until she’d spoken to the Flight Service manager on board who had the final call on it. What followed five minutes later was customer service at it finest - FSM recognised us as frequent flyers and simply told the gate agent to change the seat number on Cal’s boarding pass with a biro. I’ve always said VS Manchester crews are the best

Edited at 01:27 AM.
Old 26 Feb 22, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
whitefrog123
Helping Minnie

Some good news with the upgrade Al!

Hopefully all is now well with a new room so looking forward to your food reports.
whitefrog123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 22, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Yeah sorted now cheers Cath, I’ll put some pics on but now got the room we booked away from the builders.
Old 26 Feb 22, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

First food pic - the 1903 lounge hot breakfast

and our paraffin parrot for the day

Old 26 Feb 22, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yeah , glad it all sorted itself out , can’t wait for this. It’s my sons 21st on Wednesday , do you have anything special planned ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 22, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Yeah , glad it all sorted itself out , can’t wait for this. It’s my sons 21st on Wednesday , do you have anything special planned ?
The Palm, Cali Grill, cake and balloons at HRH and some other things that have to stay secret in case she picks my phone up and has a nosey in here . Oh plus I’ve got to try for the upgrade again on the way home cos she’s solo on that leg. We’re staying on for a bit but she’s got a job
Old 26 Feb 22, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
The Palm, Cali Grill, cake and balloons at HRH and some other things that have to stay secret in case she picks my phone up and has a nosey in here . Oh plus I’ve got to try for the upgrade again on the way home cos she’s solo on that leg. We’re staying on for a bit but she’s got a job
Oo nice , exciting stuff 😀 , our nov trip incorporates the 21st , ds2 18th , ds1 graduation and our 25th wedding anniversary . Bit of an expensive year lol.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 22, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Not sure what’s been going on but glad you got Callie’s seat sorted finally. Hope things settle down as problems take up too much valuable holiday time 🙁
Looking forward to your next update 😊
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List