Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 2 Mar 22, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Disneyland and LA trip report. Updated with photos now.

Arrived here Monday evening and it's now Wednesday morning and jet lag hitting me hard! So thoughts on trip so far.
BA flight was good, I was expecting delays as a knock on from their it issues but all OK left LHR about 30 mins late. Flight was good, very turbulent though. Food was a bit bleurgh. Arrived 8 mins early.
We were at back of plane so last off, short queue at immigration, around 20 minutes, the man was lovely, really chatty, he only asked for our passports, no other documents. Cases arrived after about 15 minutes. We booked affordable town cars and they e mailed to say call driver as you exit and tell him where you are. Well it was chaos exiting so we crossed to the pick up area and called, it said no service. I tied the original number and that wouldn't work. My daughter tried too and got the same. We eventually found another number on Google for the office which connected, told them where we were and they came and picked us up.
Trip from LAX to Fairfield took just over an hour.
Check in at hotel was quick, however the room they gave us had an issue with the door, so after half an hour of them trying to fix it they moved us to another room. We got a ground floor room near the pool. It's very handy for reception, Panera Bread and McDonald's rooms here are really nice. Very happy with our choice.
Stayed awake until 8pm then crashed .Big 1st day tomorrow

Edited at 04:16 PM.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 22, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 1.
Woke up numerous times throughout the night, gave up as fully awake at 3.30! Got ready and we were at Panera Bread for iced coffee before 7am, we then walked to park security where they were holding people. Waited there about 5 minutes then we turned right and waited at the gates. We were through at 7.30 and went to the Frontierland entrance and waited there. The castle, so tiny but so cute. What struck me walking down main St is how small everything is, the shops are not as tall! Crowds were pretty busy and we were let through at bang on 8am. Some people rushed but we strolled through to Rise of the resistance. Wait time said 60 mins but it was more like 40. Then we did smugglers run which was a walk on. Time for a snack so walked to fantasy land and got a churro. We then walked through the castle, again struck by how tiny it is and took some photos.
Very hot and sunny now. We walked through Frontierland just soaking up the atmosphere and went on Pirates, so different to DLP and WDW. We loved walking through New Orleans Square, so pretty.
We were going to ride Haunted Mansion but that was down so we sat in the shade and people watched until our lunch reservation at Blue Bayou. Loved the place, didn't like the food sorry. I had Monte Cristo, very weird combination and I hate to say I didn't really like it, I wanted to but I didn't. Mint julep was nice though. Glad I went but wouldn't bother again.
Wait times and crowd levels now really high so we went to jungle cruise which was about a 30 min wait which was less than posted, then 60 minute standby for Indiana Jones and that was about accurate. Loved this ride so much.
We then walked back to fantasyland and sat in the shade with a frozen raspberry lemonade and Dd had a frozen apple juice. We were flagging now and most wait times were around an hour so we did a circuit on the railroad, Loved the dinosaurs 😁 then got off at main St, did a bit of shopping and decided we had done 10 hours in the park so we left. 5 minute walk to McDonald's for a drink and snacks then took back to our room. Chilled in my PJs then couldn't keep my eyes open despite trying, I was asleep by 7.30. Jet lag is hitting me hard this trip.

Edited at 04:15 PM.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 22, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

oooh great another trip report did you use Genie + and Lightning Lanes. If you didnt, were you using the App?
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 22, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
oooh great another trip report did you use Genie + and Lightning Lanes. If you didnt, were you using the App?
No we didn't use genie + at all, just used the app. I felt we didn't need genie + in the morning but possibly by the afternoon and if we had stayed later. I begrudge paying again to be honest and I'm quite happy to queue for up to 60 mins for most things.
Old 2 Mar 22, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
No we didn't use genie + at all, just used the app. I felt we didn't need genie + in the morning but possibly by the afternoon and if we had stayed later. I begrudge paying again to be honest and I'm quite happy to queue for up to 60 mins for most things.
I think Genie+ is a total waste of time and my money - I didnt use it, or need it. In Dec/Js, and I wont be using it again when I am back in the Summer
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 22, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Ah ok. for me Genie+ was well worth the price, I started using the photopass option right away, my first photos at The Castle were just after park opening before I did any rides. I had planned the Genie+ costs into my budget, so I didnt have to miss out on buying food or merch to use it.

I have a very low tolerance for wait times, my max is 20 minutes, theres no way I would wait 60 minutes for anything, lol so using Genie+ meant I could do more rides
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 22, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Forgot to add, you no longer need to wear masks in doors here if you are fully vaccinated. It was so nice not to have to wear them as both my Dd and I are nurses so still wear them at work all the time. Haven't been asked for proof of vaccines at all yet. We both feel it's a gamble not to wear them and may change our minds but at this point we aren't.
Also we are posting pictures to our stories on Instagram. @tinasleeman and Dd is @magically.charlotte if anyone wants a look..

Edited at 05:23 PM.
Old 2 Mar 22, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Forgot to add, you no longer need to wear masks in doors here if you are fully vaccinated. It was so nice not to have to wear them as both my Dd and I are nurses so still wear them at work all the time. Haven't been asked for proof of vaccines at all yet. We both feel it's a gamble not to wear them and may change our minds but at this point we aren't.
You wont be asked for proof of vaccine at Disney or in Anaheim as thats Orange County. The proof of vaccine requirement is only in the City of LA, which is Universal in Burbank, Hollywood, Downtown LA and out to Santa Monica. Its a local law, not a state law
Old 3 Mar 22, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I think Genie+ is a total waste of time and my money - I didnt use it, or need it. In Dec/Js, and I wont be using it again when I am back in the Summer
I agree , didn’t use it in November or this week .

I am convinced that Disney are inflating wait times though in the hope more will pay for it . Every attraction we did this week , the wait time was far less than advertised .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 05:05 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Also we are posting pictures to our stories on Instagram. @tinasleeman and Dd is @magicallycharlotte if anyone wants a look..
Only place we’ve been asked for vaccine certificates was the California Science Museum last Thursday .
Nowhere in Hollywood , The Grove or Anaheim asked
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List