Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Mar 22, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

How to tackle Rise Of The Resistance at Hollywood Studios...

So we are going to WDW at the end of July and my plans on how to tackle the parks is going well. There is just one attraction I cant get my head around and feel comfortable about to succeed. You probably guest it: Yup! Rise of The Resistance.
So Im calling out to you guys to hear your thoughts and ideas on how to ride ROTR without being in line for hours.
Some important things to know are:
- we are staying offsite, so no early entrance and no possibility to buy individual lightning lane tickets.
- Sure we want to wait in line but not longer than 90 minutes posted wait time. (I think that fair?)
- We go to the park from opening till close.
- We have 2 days in the park.
I have a few options we can go for and I wonder what you all consider to be the best option with the most chance of succes.
Or maybe you have other options or advice i didnt think about...
These are the options I figured out:
- As we are Ropedropping anyway wait and see what the posted wait time is at the moment and when its posted under 90min go in line.
- At the same time still try to buy an individual LL at 9 am even though the changes to get them are practically zero, try it anyway.
- Jump in line 5 minutes before park closure. They say your sure you will ride it (if it doesnt breakdown) and that posted wait time are much higher than actual wait times and your not losing any park time because everything is closed anyway.
For me personally the best option I think is to jump in line before closure?
What are all of your ideas and thoughts?
Love to hear them.
Pluchesteven1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I am glad I have no desire to go on RoTR again after doing it in LA in January. But if I did, and I was staying offsite, I would steel myself for the worst and would get into the queue as soon I get to the park, bringing along a book or whatever.

I do not say this lightly, I am very averse to queues and in the past a twenty minute queue is about my limit. But I am planning this approach when I next go to Universal and want to do Hagrids and Velocicoaster for the first time.

I would definitely not do the five minutes before closing time approach (or even an hour before) for ROTR because it is too prone to breakdown and if it is later on in the day they will close it for the day. I might join the queue near park closing if I were trying for a second turn, but not for a first time attempt.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Im sure someone more knowledgeable will come along with further tips, but I think youve covered pretty much all the options available to you as an offsite guest.

You could tip the scales in your favour by staying one night onsite or in a good neighbour hotel like swan and dolphin. Might this be an option? That way you get the early theme park entry advantage and 7am access to purchase a ILL for your two days at Disney.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I echo Claudettes approach. Arrive for rope drop and hot foot it to Rise of Resistance. Make sure you have checked out a park map prior to arriving so that you know which direction youre heading.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I would keep on eye on the wait times as it does go down to a reasonable amount at times. Alternatively about an hour before closing keep a look out as most places will keep times higher to discourage after staff want to go home.

VelociCoaster is rarely above 60, usually hovers around 35 to 40. Top tip take the least amount of items into the queue, don't all gather around the lockers and the rest join the queue for the metal detectors. You can then join them either before or after you go through.

Same with hagrids, send others through and one person stow items in a locker unless you have zipped pockets or a bum bag. You can catch the rest up.

If hagrids is 60 mins or less join the queue. It goes quickly and there is lots to see.
Old 13 Mar 22, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think general advice is go straight away as once it starts going up it stays up & there is also more likelihood of it going tech during the day. IMO unfortunately until they introduce another headliner in HS, Rise will always be like this, just not enough other rides to lure away.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We were in WDW from 28th Jan - 12th Feb, we rode ROTR 4 times over 3 evenings, each time was during the last hour the park was open and the longest we waited was 25 minutes. The posted wait times were 50 minutes.

I must add that this was just before the parks got insanely busy and we were happy to risk it, we'd ridden it before in March 2020 when there was still the stress of getting a boarding pass and much prefer the laid back, we'll ride it if we can approach, than your only chance being to enter the boarding group finger speed competition. We were also staying at The Beach Club for our 1st week so DHS was an easy walk or boat ride for us, so it was easy to monitor the line times and nip over there when they looked good.

It worked for us, 40 minutes really is my maximum wait time for a ride.

Also to add, that in total we've ridden this 5 times now and 3 of those times there was a particular scene that was completely missed out!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Not done this yet but echo what's been said. I'd also take some food into queue but limit drinks. I understand there's no bathrooms in queue like in FOP in AK!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

AllEars.net have just done a blog on this. It shows you what happened when they rope dropped as off site guests. Worth a watch
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 22, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

We will be there in August and off site. Our plan is to rope drop and get in the line ASAP. Like you we have 2 days planned at HS and if we get on the first day we will probably take the end of the day approach you mention for the second day.
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List