Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Mar 22, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ticktock View Post
Following this post, can someone advise if you still need to book a boarding group, or can you now just turn up and get in queue for the ride. Going for 1 day in August as we have a free family day pass from WDW but really struggling to understand how I book our day at the park and any rides without having a ticket until we collect on the day. Thanks
Boarding groups have long gone, it’s standby queue or purchase an LL at 7am if you are staying onsite.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 22, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

I wonder if the return of Fantasmic will make ROR easier to ride in the evening? It’s meant to return some point this year, I’m interested to see if that impacts strategy….

I currently have two days booked for HS plus a planned hop. My current plan (6 months ahead of trip) is to aim for Rise on my first visit to relieve the pressure on the second, the plan is to make this a LL purchase, in the first instance.

For those who have been and experienced Genie Plus, is it best to purchase Rise first then book a ride (likely for 6pm from reports) or book ride first and then purchase Rise? Just how quickly does Rise sell out?

FOP at AK, my plan is to do this at closing, SDMT is currently my other planned purchase or Ratatouille, trying not to spend a fortune but don’t want to loose so many hours of time! They however seem to have a long enough window to purchase that you don’t have to type so fast your fingers fall off. I’ll be looking with interest as time goes by for Rise as to chance it an opening or closure….
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 22, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wazowskiscar View Post
I wonder if the return of Fantasmic will make ROR easier to ride in the evening? It’s meant to return some point this year, I’m interested to see if that impacts strategy….

I currently have two days booked for HS plus a planned hop. My current plan (6 months ahead of trip) is to aim for Rise on my first visit to relieve the pressure on the second, the plan is to make this a LL purchase, in the first instance.

For those who have been and experienced Genie Plus, is it best to purchase Rise first then book a ride (likely for 6pm from reports) or book ride first and then purchase Rise? Just how quickly does Rise sell out?

FOP at AK, my plan is to do this at closing, SDMT is currently my other planned purchase or Ratatouille, trying not to spend a fortune but don’t want to loose so many hours of time! They however seem to have a long enough window to purchase that you don’t have to type so fast your fingers fall off. I’ll be looking with interest as time goes by for Rise as to chance it an opening or closure….
You are best to get ROTR first then do any Genie+ after, though you will may well end up sacrificing slinky dog to do so depending how busy it is.

Hard to say what impact fantasmic will have. At the moment a lot of people aren’t staying late because there isn’t really much of a show in the evening, having fantasmic may take people away from ROTR but at the same time it will probably make people stay later in the park.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
thephantom
Trying for More Ears

Can you still buy a lightning lane in the morning ?
thephantom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
thephantom
Trying for More Ears

Ah sorry I follow now, guests can buy from 7am, offsite not until 9am so later time.
thephantom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
Ah sorry I follow now, guests can buy from 7am, offsite not until 9am so later time.
If you are referring to ROTR, there will be none left at 9am.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
thephantom
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
If you are referring to ROTR, there will be none left at 9am.
wow it's that bad ?
I will try anyway as might get lucky, also read elsewhere more are opened up every few hours so will keep trying throughout the day
Old 30 Mar 22, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

wow it's that bad ?
I will try anyway as might get lucky, also read elsewhere more are opened up every few hours so will keep trying throughout the day
They will be gone at 7:05am.

I am not aware that they release slots every few hours, but I have heard of one fixed afternoon release, maybe 1pm. Worth a shot, although I have not heard anybody report being successful. If you are offsite, you realistically need to plan another strategy.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Pob
Helping Mickey

So I’m here now, the ride was down for pretty much 2 hours from opening at 8am for early start, then times ranged from 105 mins to about 210 mins. I’m not sure if anyone was able to make lightning lane reservations for it, but when I started to queue there was no lightning lane available so I’m guessing they kept that closed. The standby time when I started to queue was 110 mins, we figured there was a slight lull at lunchtime so decided to go for it, got in the queue at about 12:40. We were on the ride in 60 mins so about half the time of that published. The published ride queues have been grim most of the day with Tower of Terror the worst after Rise of Resistance. Rock’n’roller coaster was down at start of the day too, then broke down again while we were in the queue so they cleared everyone out. Overall the day has been better than I thought it would be in terms of being able to do stuff. Maybe we just got lucky with Rise of Resistance times, and that two hour downtime at start of day and no lightning lane open could have actually helped the standby queue. The odd thing for me is the queue times overall were busier than I’ve experienced before, but the car parks were nowhere near as full as I’ve seen them at 4pm when I left, and I’ve seen the park busier before as well. All I can assume is that genie+ is having an overall negative effect on queue management, who knows. Magic Kingdom tomorrow then DVC moonlight magic at EPCOT so will see how we get on there.
Pob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

wow it's that bad ?
They'll definitely be gone by 9am but you might have some luck sporadically checking throughout the day and refreshing. I was looking at the tip board before to see what the return times are like - refreshed for about 30 seconds and a 5:50pm LL for ROTR popped up.

I wouldn't bank on it happening though & just consider it a bonus if you do manage to snag one.