Notices

Old 30 Aug 22, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

A Wish is a Dream your heart makes - Sept 2022

Very nearly here now.

A trip planned with our American friends for a long time, cruises were booked on opening day so a long long time ago.

Our daughter is back at Uni at the start of September so it's just the two of us, Graham and Paula.

Driving down to Heathrow on Fri 16th Sept and stopping in the Premier Inn on Bath Road.

Good solid hotel, food is rubbish there so we'll take a car picnic then just have a few drinks in the bar before seeing if we can get some sleep.

Got parking booked at T5 for the morning, will head over there around 9am after doing our DocHQ test for the Disney Wish on Monday 19th Sept.

Flight isn't until 13:30 so kicking our feet a bit in T5 before boarding with BA.

Nothing exciting about the flight, we're in the cheap seats. Will be picking up a meal deal to take on the flight to tide us over before we hit I-Drive.

First two nights will be in the Rosen Pointe. Great central location and good value. Will be requesting an I-Drive facing room, those on I4 side are VERY noisy.

Picking the car up at MCO, going for a full sized SUV with Alamo so I gt the choice of steed.

First morning will be breakfast at IHOP next to the Rosen Centre, always a favourite with us. Then heading over to the Magic Kingdom to squeeze in some magic.

Plan to be in the park until mid afternoon then head offsite for a swim and somewhere to eat.

We're hopping to Hollywood Studios for the evening, got an 20:10 booking for Oga's Cantina. Looking forward to the nighttime vibe then the relaxed walk out the park when we're done.

Back to the Rosen before heading over to Port Canaveral in the morning...
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 22, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

As we'll be up early due to jet lag and excitement we're going to go for an earlyish breakfast at Grills.

Then heading to this for 4 nights. Got a 12.30 PAT, I'd forgot about it and booked this at 11.47am. Boarding group 11.

We've avoided all videos, spoilers, news etc.

Want to discover it for oversells and just kick back and enjoy it.

Itinerary includes a Pirates night and a Halloween night.

We are not planning getting off in Nassau and will only do the morning on Castaway Cay. I might decide to do the 5K... we'll see.

Sea temp is 30c at the moment, looking forward to taking advantage of that!

After 4 days we're then heading over to Port Charlotte to meet up with some friends we met in March on the Allure of the Seas. We're stopping in an AirBnB 3 miles from their house, plan is to go out on their boat and explore some the islands/coast.

We've got two nights over there. When we leave we've going to Henry Ford's estate just outside Fort Myers.

Across the Everglades to Miami to drop the car off then night at the Novotel Brickell. The rooftop pool looks like a winner.

Hope to meet our American cruise buddies in Brickell, if not there's always tomorrow -

Edited at 04:48 PM.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 22, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mon 26th September we will excitedly head to the port to get on our 2nd new Disney ship of the holiday (we've done Magic and Wonder, just leaves the Fantasy - which given Disney prices may be a perfect name)

This one is for 5 nights and includes a Double Dip at Castaway Cay. Got a PAT of 11:30am at 09.02, boarding group 7.

Again we've avoided all the videos etc. Our friends are Platinum and have done this ship loads so we'll be guided by them as to all the hotspots.

Pirate night and Halloween again, we've got Palo booked with them for the last night.

We will get off in Nassau this time, I've picked out a couple of craft beer breweries/bars that are only 15 minute walk from the ship.

Two more visits to Castaway Cay. Did I mention the 5K? Thinking I might be able to get a triple set of the medals... might.

On the day we disembark - 1st October we've got a 17:10 flight. Have booked a resort pass for the Hilton Blue Lagoon. Catch the last of the sun and a relaxing swim before back in economy and home.

Edited at 04:50 PM.
Old 31 Aug 22, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

DocHQ test (only 1 needed now, woo hoo) for Sat morning at the Premier Inn.

Getting real now, be filling all the pre cruise/pre flight info in next week and printing out the reams of paper we'll never need!