Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 2 Apr 22, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FloridaNuts93 View Post
Loved Come from Away. Sister in law recommends Jersey Boys. We hated Wicked, but I think we are on our own on that one!
Nope, I dont like it either, it didnt live up to the hype for me (and I love wizard of Oz so was looking forward to it)
Old 2 Apr 22, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
Nope, I dont like it either, it didnt live up to the hype for me (and I love wizard of Oz so was looking forward to it)
I don’t really like wizard of oz, so maybe that’s why I like it 😂 it is an alternative story after all.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 22, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
Really didn’t enjoy Wicked either but think hopes/expected it to be too much like Wizard of Oz. Plus theatre was ridiculously hot. We have Mary Poppins booked for July and can’t wait
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 22, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Lots of good suggestions above.

The one we keep going back to - we've seen it multiple times in London as well as in New York - is Matilda.

To be honest, most of the big name West End musicals are such fantastic productions, you almost can't make a bad choice - it's unlikely you'll be disappointed with any of them.
I have to echo this! I went to see Matilda this week and it was absolutely outstanding. Exceeded all my expectations. A joy.

Saw Mary Poppins a few weeks ago, also very good (don't expect it to be fully true to the film, but the songs are there). Have just booked Grease for the beginning of May.
mr-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 22, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I never want to see wicked again.

I think everyone should see come from away.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Back to the Future is fantastic!
Loved Mary Poppins - get lodge seats they aren’t expensive and they are fab.
Cinderella was great, really enjoyed it.
Lion King is visually amazing, I have a real soft spot for LK but it’s ££££
Matilda is fantastic, we saw it on Broadway. The cast was superb.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Anna Maria
Trying for More Ears

I have been lucky to see lots of theatre shows over the years, but the but one of my favourites is

Get up stand up Bob Marley Story, it’s possibly because it’s
my first theatre trip back after covid but must say the atmosphere was absolutely amazing.

Sorry all you Cinderella lovers but I actually didn’t enjoy it.
Anna Maria is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
goofysgirl
Excited about Disney

Thank you everyone for your replies. I don't know how to multi quote, but every reply has helped and my shortlist has changed!

That Tix website is great and think I will try and get cheaper on the day tickets and see where I end up.
goofysgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

I’m booked for My Fair Lady this summer ! At least I’ll be able to sing along !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 22, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
shelly
Imagineer

shelly's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 42
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by goofysgirl View Post
Thank you everyone for your replies. I don't know how to multi quote, but every reply has helped and my shortlist has changed!

That Tix website is great and think I will try and get cheaper on the day tickets and see where I end up.
We both log into today tix, choose the show we want, and whoever gets offered the best tickets books! We went to see Witness For The Prosecution (which we would not have chosen) because it was £25 and really enjoyed it. Also got mamma Mia tickets for £25 each instead of £90 each.