Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 3 Apr 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerliz
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Libby B View Post
Be sure to check out the old pharmacy shop - think it is called something like Corner of Curiosity or something like that!

Gorgeous products and the shop is stunning - it’s like Harry Potter meets his ancestors! Very goth in a lovely way!

I bought some bath milks and bombs there and they were lovely (if not a bit pricey but very unusual).
It’s the cabinet of curiosities 😊 lovely shop

DLP - Sequoia Lodge - May 2019
WDW POP Century + Universal Aventura - March 2022
DLP - Newport Bay - January 2023
WDW POP Cenury - September 2023
tinkerliz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

I've been there a few times, stayed in Fleece Inn and the Old Registry and a great b&b called Ye Sleeping House. Fleece inn great for food. Bronte museum and walks were great, think we booked a walking tour with a local when we went with my book club which was really interesting. Steam train to Keighley was good fun and we visited a few villages in the Dales too. Its a great place to visit!
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ginwithaslice View Post
I've been there a few times, stayed in Fleece Inn and the Old Registry and a great b&b called Ye Sleeping House. Fleece inn great for food. Bronte museum and walks were great, think we booked a walking tour with a local when we went with my book club which was really interesting. Steam train to Keighley was good fun and we visited a few villages in the Dales too. Its a great place to visit!
A walking tour sounds great, probably better than wandering aimlessly around the moors trying to guess where Wuthering Heights was inspired from 😆

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerliz
Excited about Disney

Not sure if you’re into it but there’s a ghost tour ‘haunted haworth’ which you can book online. Its really interesting!

DLP - Sequoia Lodge - May 2019
WDW POP Century + Universal Aventura - March 2022
DLP - Newport Bay - January 2023
WDW POP Cenury - September 2023
tinkerliz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Hi Katebush

I don't live there now but grew up very close to Haworth and know it very well. Still have family living there

Main Street is THE place to be!
So many individual shops and such a great atmosphere.
Haworth hosts 1940's weekends etc and Steampunk Events.
The Worth Valley Railway (Steam Railway) is a must too if you've ever seen The Railway Children movie
The Bronte Parsonage , obviously...
Hebden Bridge, as mentioned, nearby, worth a visit
The moors, walks going up to Wuthering Heights
It's a lovely area in general.
in fact, I'm in a mind to go back 'home' for a long weekend soon!

Edited at 10:45 PM.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 22, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

We also went to the Black Bull for drinks thought it had a bit of a weird atmosphere, but could just have been our dire karaoke efforts! You'll have a great time, enjoy!
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 22, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

We are only 20 minutes from Haworth and visit a few times a year.
We have stayed there too as we absolutely love it . We have stayed at The old Registry a few times .
The Bronte parsonage museum is definitely worth a visit as is the church and it’s grounds .
It was also a location for The railway children. The cobbled streets are charming and it takes you back into a world of years gone by. Quaint shops, the apothecary is lovely as is the old fashioned sweet shop. There are plenty of tea shops and places to eat and drink.
We did the walk to the Bronte falls andcwuthering heights.
We like the old hall and it’s great for food and there is a car park there too.
We did go on the train as Oakworth station was a big location for the railway children fans which I am. Couldn’t help but wave and feeling I was 8 again 😀

Edited at 03:51 PM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

Out trip has come around at last and we go on Friday. Thank you for all the tips, the itinerary is looking like this:

Friday
Set off early from Rotherham and drive up to Haworth. Possibly park near the station if we can and try and get a train ride taking in Oakworth to see the Railway Children’s station.

Check in at the cottage up near the top of the hill around 3pm. Have a wander around and a drink at the Black Bull. Booked a table at the Fleece for dinner.

Saturday
Up early and go for a walk for a couple of hours before it gets really hot. I picked up a book of short scenic walks from a secondhand bookshop a few weeks ago.

Late morning/early afternoon visit to the parsonage museum (tickets booked online). Late lunch at one of the cafe/coffee shops on the Main Street and more wandering around the quirky shops.

Booked the haunted ghost walk at 7.30pm 👻 and will then probably have a glass of wine and a few nibbles back at the cottage as there’s a lovely outside seating area.

Sunday
If the weather isn’t too unbearable will aim to do the walk to Top Withens in the morning. Would also like to visit the Wuthering Heights Inn for a drink/lunch. Will probably spend the afternoon chilling out before going for dinner in the evening - not sure where yet? White Lion maybe?

Monday
Home time 😫 may call somewhere on the way back - possibly Thornton as I think there are some Brontë things to see there, need to do a bit more research.

All in all hoping for a great weekend 😍

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

I have a vague recollection of visiting on a school trip (more years ago than I’d like to admit). This thread has made me want to go back 😊
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

There is a nice walk to a waterfall heading out past the bronte museum. Can't remember the name as was years ago.

We have been to a few 1940s weekends there.
tiggertastic is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List