Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 8 Jun 22, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone, and thanks for following along!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Happy travel day - have a great trip! Will be following x
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Travel day part 1

Morning from Gatwick’s No1 Lounge!

I tossed and turned most of the night eventually convincing DH to get up at 5.30am for a shower.

I took a 6 pack of cartons of OJ with us to the room and I’m glad I did as I woke up thirsty from the Wagamama’s last night.

We showered and got ready and we’re out of the hotel by 6.45am. Straight into Gatwick south meet and greet parking and through security within 5 minutes! I had pre-paid yesterday for fastpass access (£5 each), which was totally worth it. I’m not sure sure how long the regular queue was, but the airport is very busy.

I was hoping to do some shopping in duty free for perfume and a watch but it wasn’t meant to be - they are going through a re-fit so have limited stock and the two choices of perfumes I wanted weren’t available. I have bought a few bits from accessorize (mandatory on holiday!) but that’s all. WH Smith didn’t even have the magazine I wanted!

We stopped in Boots to buy a meal deal each in case we aren’t fussed on the plane food (chicken and bacon sandwich and yoghurt for DH and chicken mayo and malt loaf for me plus two waters - photos later), plus some razors for DH to have a shave this morning (he went into the toilets at the airport as he forgot to pack his razor for the hotel) and a small pack of anti bac wipes.

Total £15.28.

Next we headed to the No1 lounge. There was a sign at the entrance saying pre-bookings only.

The couple in front were trying to get in using a card pass and hadn’t booked - the lady was trying very politely to tell them it was pre-bookings only but he in particular was kicking off saying they pay for the privilege of the card and should have access. In the end she threatened to call security before they eventually left.

The irony is that we also used our pass card, so it didn’t cost us anything to use the lounge, but I had just pre-booked!

Anyway, once in I grabbed a tea for DH and an OJ for me.

I have taken a photo of the food selection for you….

There’s a bar in the middle of the room where you can have prosecco, beer, spirits etc for free.

I chose porridge with honey and some compote and it was absolutely delicious. The porridge wasn’t too thick nor runny, it was very good.

DH had a bacon cob with a side of sausage.

And that brings us up to date! It’s currently 9.10am, our gate is being announced at 9.50am and we fly at 11am.

The plan is to pick up our visitor toll pass, get our car, head to Walmart for water, then to POFQ, unpack and catch the boat to Disney Springs for Blaze pizza tonight 😍

Thanks for the comments so far - I’ll try to upload part 2 when we get back from Springs tonight.

Have a good day everyone 😊
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
tomjoe
Excited about Disney

OMG, i'm so exicted for you- and me, great reports
Old 8 Jun 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Looking forward to following along! 😊
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 22, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

How exciting, I love a live report 😊👍 have a great flight ✈️
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 03:07 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Travel day part 2

Hi from across the pond!

Our flight was - ok - we were in premium, row 1 - so we were on quickly and given a choice of water or OJ. We had one of each.

Little bags of pretzels were brought around with a choice of drinks.

DH had 2 cans of brew dog and I had 2 cans of sprite (we only asked for one - they offered us two to keep us going)

Our meal came around shortly into the flight. We weren’t given menus, but told the options were chicken and mushroom pie with mash and peas or vegetable cottage pie.

We both chose the chicken and mushroom pie.

The meals came with a spicy bulgar wheat and chickpea salad with fresh orange pieces. This was quite spicy, I enjoyed mine - DH not so much.

The pie was ok, the pastry wasn’t crusty but soft, but the sauce was tasty (very mushroomy), and the mash was good too.

A bread roll and butter was served with the meal although neither of us ate them, as well as a choice of wine or another drink.

The dessert was a chocolate orange pot. The bottle was like a brownie, it was very tangy and very sickly. The small pot was plenty.

The cabin crew brought around water and juice 3 times during the flight - twice OJ and once Cranberry.

We were given a pack of walkers biscuits 3 hours before landing - we both had the oat and honey which were lovely.

Afternoon tea, which was really a
Small roll and a Crunchie was served in a paper bag. There was a choice of chicken salad and cheese and onion. We had one of each, but DH had both of mine and I had my boots meal deal
sandwich.

We were all on track to arrive on time, when the captain announced there was a storm below us and they had closed the airport, so we circled, and circled and circled and ended up landing 90 minutes late 😩

Thankfully immigration was empty, but we waited a while for our cases. We decided to skip the visit the Walmart and go tomorrow for water instead and head straight to the resort.

Despite having a garden room booked for 9 nights and a standard view for 6 they have given us a lovely garden view room in block 4 for the duration of our stay.

We unpacked and headed to the boat dock for Disney Springs at 8pm.

We walked around quite a while trying to find Blaze, but eventually after asking for directions we found it.

I had a create your own on original dough (with original sauce, mozzarella, chicken, red onion, pepper, mushroom and fresh basil), DH had a hot links (hot spicy sausage pizza), a bottle of blue moon for him and a blood orange large fountain drink for me. Total was $34.99 and we used our dining card with no issues.

DH’s pizza -

And mine -

I only ate half of mine and have brought the other half back in a box.

We caught the bus back to our resort since we were nearer the bus station than the boat dock.

We called into the food court for 2 x refillable mugs (hot chocolate for me and coffee for DH).. total was $42.58 and we paid with the dining credit.

It’s now 22.07pm here so 3.07am UK time.

I’m going to hit the sack
, we have Ohana breakfast tomorrow before Magic Kingdom.

Thanks for reading and apologies for any typos, I’m too tired to read it back!

Edited at 05:11 AM.
Old 9 Jun 22, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Hope you had a lovely breakfast at Ohana. Bet you can’t believe you’re finally there 😊
I can’t wait to go to Blaze again & stroll around DS 😁
Look forward to hearing about your day today
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The flight looked good, shame about the delay. What a great start with your blaze pizza’s, one of our favourites. I hope you managed a good nights rest and have a great breakfast at Ohanas. 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Looking forward to following along, thanks for posting 😎

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List