Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 17 Apr 22, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
conc78
Getting to know the DIBB

Newbie! Help! First timers! Itinerary (1st of many drafts probably)

Morning all

Been putting it off for too long & need to start booking days etc. Finding it soooooo hard to come up with something that works & to try & cover everything that's doing.

I went as a kid in the 90s a few times & sure we probably winged it back then but now first time for wife & 2 daughters & looks/sounds like planning is the order of the day!

Going late August, early September for 17 nights. Staying off-site (at the mo anyway as hotel reviews are not filling us with confidence), no car hire. Daughters are under 12 so some of the more extreme thrill rides might not be the order of the day but eldest in particular is Harry Potter mad so looking to take that all in.

Sure this might change a million times but any thoughts/feedback on the following would be really appreciated. Some many Q's (park hopping? is 2 days at Universal enough? ). Anyway here's draft #1

S 21/08 arrive afternoon US time
M 22/08 Epcot
T 23/08 Magic Kingdom
W 24/08 Magic Kingdom
T 25/08 Typhoon / Epcot evening
F 26/08 Hollywood Studios
S 27/08 Animal Kingdom
S 28/08 ? split either 2 of 3 - MK / HS / AK
M 29/08 Universal (looking to book 1 night at hotel)
T 30/08 Universal
W 31/08 Discovery Cove (already booked)
T 01/09 Magic Kingdom
F 02/09 Volcano Bay
S 03/09 Hollywood Studios
S 04/09 Animal Kingdom
M 05/09 Epcot
T 06/09 *LEAVE OPEN* (universal if 2 not enough)

# Disney Springs, City Walk shopping, pool time - will try & fit in afternoons, evenings etc

Many thanks in advance
conc78 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 22, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammo333
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by conc78 View Post
Morning all

Been putting it off for too long & need to start booking days etc. Finding it soooooo hard to come up with something that works & to try & cover everything that's doing.

I went as a kid in the 90s a few times & sure we probably winged it back then but now first time for wife & 2 daughters & looks/sounds like planning is the order of the day!

Going late August, early September for 17 nights. Staying off-site (at the mo anyway as hotel reviews are not filling us with confidence), no car hire. Daughters are under 12 so some of the more extreme thrill rides might not be the order of the day but eldest in particular is Harry Potter mad so looking to take that all in.

Sure this might change a million times but any thoughts/feedback on the following would be really appreciated. Some many Q's (park hopping? is 2 days at Universal enough? ). Anyway here's draft #1

S 21/08 arrive afternoon US time
M 22/08 Epcot
T 23/08 Magic Kingdom
W 24/08 Magic Kingdom
T 25/08 Typhoon / Epcot evening
F 26/08 Hollywood Studios
S 27/08 Animal Kingdom
S 28/08 ? split either 2 of 3 - MK / HS / AK
M 29/08 Universal (looking to book 1 night at hotel)
T 30/08 Universal
W 31/08 Discovery Cove (already booked)
T 01/09 Magic Kingdom
F 02/09 Volcano Bay
S 03/09 Hollywood Studios
S 04/09 Animal Kingdom
M 05/09 Epcot
T 06/09 *LEAVE OPEN* (universal if 2 not enough)

# Disney Springs, City Walk shopping, pool time - will try & fit in afternoons, evenings etc

Many thanks in advance
Hi Conc78,

My initial thoughts would be that it's a very busy schedule with no lazy morning days etc.
I would assume you will be up early every morning to get to parks with logistics of being offsite without a car.
Does hotel have good shuttle bus service, or will you be using uber/lyft etc.
If your already having reservations about hotel I would look at changing as last thing you want is feeling nervous before you even go.
I'm sure lots of Dibbers would offer advice on other offsite hotels depending on where you want to stay.
My personal thoughts for transport convenience & the Disney experience for the girls is stopping onsite. I appreciate thats a whole new ball game in terms of budget, but only you can decide on that at end of the day.
Whatever you decide that looks like an awsome holiday, have a great time.
CSR 2007,08 ASMo 2006
Orange Lake Country 2004
Hammo333 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 22, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

It is busy, but you know if you can manage it. Some tweaks I would think about, we try to avoid consecutive full days in the same park, so I would swap one of the first two MK days for the Saturday Animal Kingdom day.

I think I would pick one park or even have a break on Sunday 28/08. We were always park hoppers but when we went in September once it was so hot and humid, we did not have the energy for park hopping!

Also what Universal tickets are you thinking of getting? I notice your Universal and Volcano Bay days are spread out, you might have more ticket options if you do them together.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
conc78
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi

Many thanks for the feedback... really appreciate it.

My first thinking was is it too full on? Hot time of the year so either some more lazy mornings or afternoons need to be incorporated.

Seen some tips that to avoid MK on Mondays & weekends, Epcot at weekends & that AK or HS don't see too much added traffic at weekends but point taken re consecutuve days. Thought it might add to the continuity factor by doing consecutive days at MK especially, but a complete novice to all of this!

Is 3 days enough for MK in anyones's opinion? Same for Universal - 2 days?

Hotel - wise, going to TRY & get in touch with Virgin about maybe looking at splitting (either end of ID if decide to stay off-site), didn't really look at on-site hotels initially as increase in price I thought could be better spent elsewhere. Also some guides on suggest seem to be getting less for your money these days on-site. Haven't ruled it out but was going to make some enquiries & see what any UK Easter-break travellers who might have stayed there feel (Avanti Palms is the hotel in question).

Good shout @claudette re Sunday 28th having a complete rest day to recharge batteries for week 2.

@hammo333 hotel does have a shuttle bus to & from MK & Universal & also an I-Trolley stop outside hotel apparently... as for how "good" they are...who knows...a bit hit & miss I'm sure? Again anyone who has experienced these might be able to throw some light? Lyft/Uber also plan on using & would imagine any late park stays would require those back to the hotel?

Universal tickets are a 3 park bundle to use over 14 days

Thanks again... & please keep your thoughts coming!
Old 22 Apr 22, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
GEORGIESMUMMY
Excited about Disney

The Avanti palms use to be the International Palms resort which ive stayed at twice and had a lovely break. Sorry but cant comment on what its like now, but being part of the Avanti cluster, and having stayed at the Avant resort before too, and am booked to go there again in October, im sure it will be fine.
2000 - I/D - Best western Plaza (now the Avanti Resort) 2003 - I/D - holiday inn 2010 - I/D - Econo Lodge 2012 - I/D - International Palms Resort (now the Avanti Palms) 2014 - I/D - Avanti Resort 2016 - I/D - International Palms Resort (now the Avanti palms) 2017-2019 Discovered cruising 2020-2021 staycations due to Covid costa del back garden 2022 - I/D Avanti Resort 2023 - Stay at home due to bereavement 2024 - Family Cruise October 2024 - April Thailand
GEORGIESMUMMY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkandfluffy
Very Serious Dibber

Do you plan on doing islands of adventure too or just universal studios? Maybe 2 nights at a Universal hotel to give you express passes across 3 days - both parks can be done in 3 days especially with the passes.

What hotel have you booked? Perhaps others here can offer an opinion
pinkandfluffy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 22, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
conc78
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks.

Plan is to do both...need to have a look at what rides are where but I understand all things Potter are spread across the two parks. We're staying Universal end of ID anyway so was thinking maybe just the one night at say Hard Rock (doesn't seem to be a great deal between the 3) to make the most of the FPs & early admission, then a 3rd day could hopefully fit in later in the trip if needed?

Open to suggestions mind
Old 1 May 22, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
conc78
Getting to know the DIBB

UPDATE:
As Disney have now announed the MNSS Halloween nights, would you recommend changing the MK days we'd got down as now on those days?

Seen vloggers say avoid MK on a Monday...hence why I initially put Epoct as our first day. Could swap these so as to avoid the SS on 23/08? What's folks thoughts?

Plumped for the RPR hotel at Universal for 1 night & upgraded to the Club package for the extra $100

Going to make some enquiries with VH re possibly splitting the hotel & staying further down to Disney on ID for perhaps of the stay.
Old 1 May 22, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I think you have to many theme parks between 26th and 30th, thats 5 in a row, even us adults would struggle with that. Maybe put another waterpark in the middle of this? Blizzard is lovely. I agree also with not doing magic 2 days in a row, makes it more 'magical' when you go back.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Roses
VIP Dibber

They have announced MNSSH at MK this week might be worth checking the dates they have declared against MK days as the park will close early at 7pm if you are not attending this ticketed event.
Roses is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List