Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 17 Apr 22, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Steamboat Powells: Disney Cruise Staycation Southampton August 2021: Day Four: Disembarkation

Day Four: Monday 30th August: Disembarkation

Day Three is here and the index is here

It was to be an early start today as our breakfast was scheduled for 7.25am. I woke at 5.15am feeling the ship move and it was making me feel quite sick (after I hadn’t felt anything the entire time!) I feel back asleep and woke again at 6.30am. We looked out to see we had arrived back at Southampton. We got dressed and did a room sweep before heading down to breakfast.

Breakfast was back at the Animator’s Palate which was lovely as it was our favourite restaurant. I had pre-ordered my breakfast again, opting for vegan pancakes and vegan sausage. Ashley ordered blueberry pancakes, Hayden a bagel and honey and Owen a bagel and waffles. Hayden was very sombre and upset, hugging his Pooh Bear. I knew he didn’t want to go home! I think we were all feeling it! Our servers were brilliant and we thanked them again, particularly with my dietary needs. Reluctantly, we left the restaurant but lingered to take some last minute photos.

Hayden and I were both crying. Hayden was begging us to let him stay on the ship. In the end, he clung to a pillar and I had to drag him off. It was such a sad affair. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so sad to leave a holiday before. 3 nights wasn’t long enough at all. It had been so magical. Owen and I have been to WDW and we’ve all been to DLP before (I never wanted to leave then) but this just felt so special.

We found our car and waved goodbye. We stopped at a nearby electric car charging station to charge up before heading home and had a couple of drinks in the Costa Coffee next door. We had meant to charge the car on the way but, well, we were late enough as it was! Incidentally, the journey home was really smooth and we home before lunch!

Our first Disney Cruise (and cruise) experience was above and beyond what we could have expected – the food, the activities, the magical feel and I didn’t feel sick, yay! We started talking about our next cruise, which we are yet to book as we’re hoping to go in summer 2023. However we have DLP in May half term and WDW in August this year to look forward to! To anyone ever wondering if cruising is for them, I would recommend it. I only wish we’d tried it sooner!

Thank you for reading. I hope to do a DLP trippie and have a pre-trippie for our WDW trip up. I have written trippies about DLP previously but it just took me so long to get on with this one! Better late than never!

Edited at 02:33 PM.
Em4owen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Thank you for writing your trip report. I’ve really enjoyed it. We did the Disney cruise last summer and felt the same. Absolutely lovely but too short!
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's lovely to know people are reading it and not being bored by it! Yes, it was far too short. I remember at the time people were doing back to back cruises and I couldn't understand why... I totally understand now!
Old 2 May 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ryanlaur
Very Serious Dibber

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your cruise trip report and seeing all your photos ... thank you for sharing.
ryanlaur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List