Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 29 Apr 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
That was a jam packed travel day! How lovely to have space on the plane to spread out, I am yet to fly on a plane without it being basically full.

Looking forward go day 2.
I've never been on a flight that empty before, it was great I could definitely get used to it!
Unfortunately the flight home wasn't quite the same

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Oh been waiting for this Alicia! How lucky on that flight out! Loads of spare seats! I have to say I have watched loads of videos on the homelessness and drug issues in Philly, as we're from areas local to each other, I know what you mean about not living in the best place but Philly is so far away from that, it's sad to see. Looking forward to more!
Thanks Rachael! I knew Philly wasn't going to be great as I'd heard similar things to you but seeing it with my own two eyes was a reality check. I mean you know where I live and that's bad enough but this was something else! It was just sad to see as it actually has the potential to be a great city.

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Busy start! Poor Hope on that bed. Yuck.

Not good about all the homeless around - that would really put me off too. So looking forward to the rest of this 😁
Thanks Helen!
Haha she was thankfully ok after we padded it out a bit, she's braver than I am though
It was definitely off putting and you only really need 24 hours in the city to do the main sights. It really is an interesting city from a historical point of view, America as we know it today all started there so its a shame its got such a grimy reputation!

IG - alicialanesmith

Edited at 09:45 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 22, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
A good travel day apart from the annoying man! I've had Philly on my city list but a friend went a few weeks ago and said exactly the same as you. Why the hotel could not give you another quilt is so silly.
As much as I wouldn't be in any rush to go back I would definitely recommend visiting even if it's only for a night as historically it is really interesting.
It's so close to DC and the beautiful Virginian countryside so adding it on to part of a longer trip would be ideal!

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
How lovely to have the option of spreading out on the flight, and a lovely new travel friend too! Shame about the idiot kicking off 😡.

I’d heard Philadelphia could be a bit rough. Hopefully you’ll feel safer around the attractions tomorrow. Oh, and get the room issues sorted.
We were very spoilt with the flight, if only they could always be that empty!
Some people are so damn rude, its so unnecessary!

There are definitely nicer areas of Philly especially around Independence Hall but that's about it

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Supersoph
Trying for More Ears

We are doing this trip in October as a surprise Birthday trip with our 11 year old. So I’m really looking forward to reading all about your trip
Supersoph is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Honestly I thought I was the only person who gets sat near a ‘Richard’ on a flight. 😂 I think you did well to hold your tongue. You did so well to get off the flight and to your hotel within the hour. Your cocktail looked lovely and that chicken pot pie could have fed a family, who doesn’t love American sized portions 😉 Sorry to hear about Hope’s dodgy sofa bed, thankfully you only have 2 nights there. Xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 22, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

A few people have mentioned customs forms but I can't remember the last time I was asked to fill one in.
Certainly not in the last six months and even prior to covid I don't recall filling old in
Old 2 May 22, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Alicia what a good travel day , I love it when you get to sit with someone who likes to chat , it makes for a much more pleasant flight I really hope that you don’t get too much trouble when you have your own passengers to deal with 🤞🏻
We stayed at a CQ in NYC on one of our trips and it was also pretty tired a the tiniest room ever 😂
Your pot pie looked so good what I wouldn’t give to have that dished up now 😋 xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Supersoph View Post
We are doing this trip in October as a surprise Birthday trip with our 11 year old. So I’m really looking forward to reading all about your trip
Oh I hope you have a fantastic time! Whats you're itinerary?
Thank you for reading along

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Honestly I thought I was the only person who gets sat near a ‘Richard’ on a flight. 😂 I think you did well to hold your tongue. You did so well to get off the flight and to your hotel within the hour. Your cocktail looked lovely and that chicken pot pie could have fed a family, who doesn’t love American sized portions 😉 Sorry to hear about Hope’s dodgy sofa bed, thankfully you only have 2 nights there. Xx
Honestly Michelle, the guy was a complete tool! I just don't understand how anyone can think it is acceptable to talk to people like that.
It was definitely an achievement in getting to our hotel so quick, I don't think I've ever been through immigration that fast!
The pie was amazing but huge, my stomach hadn't adjusted to US size portions yet
Hope was a real trooper by not complaining about the sofa bed but yes thankfully only for 2 nights!

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
A few people have mentioned customs forms but I can't remember the last time I was asked to fill one in.
Certainly not in the last six months and even prior to covid I don't recall filling old in
I honestly thought they had been phased out so was a bit surprised when they got handed round. We didn't even need them though as the machine in immigration just asked you the same questions!

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Alicia what a good travel day , I love it when you get to sit with someone who likes to chat , it makes for a much more pleasant flight I really hope that you don’t get too much trouble when you have your own passengers to deal with 🤞🏻
We stayed at a CQ in NYC on one of our trips and it was also pretty tired a the tiniest room ever 😂
Your pot pie looked so good what I wouldn’t give to have that dished up now 😋 xx
I have to admit, I do love having a good old chit chat with random strangers, I've been told many times I talk too much
Oh god I hope not although I'm sure it will only be a matter of time unfortunately
I now know why the CQ was so cheap. It was the perfect location but I'm not sure I'd stay in one again! If they spent a bit of money on their interiors they could sell their rooms for so much more

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 3 Jun 22, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I found this by accident I didn’t realise you had started to write up your trip. I did wonder how you had got on at the airport, I thought about you as we wandered up and down escalators with our bags and what seemed like the longest tube stations corridors to the connecting lines
You definitely didn’t have much browsing time at the airport! At least the flight wasn’t full and you managed to move around, I would want to pour the wine over him too so wouldn’t make it as cabin crew
The hotel sounds a bit disappointing especially the sofa bed, poor Hope at least it’s only 2 nights! The market looked nice I hope breakfast was good if you got there…and you didn’t see anymore street toilet incidents
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 22, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I found this by accident I didn’t realise you had started to write up your trip. I did wonder how you had got on at the airport, I thought about you as we wandered up and down escalators with our bags and what seemed like the longest tube stations corridors to the connecting lines
You definitely didn’t have much browsing time at the airport! At least the flight wasn’t full and you managed to move around, I would want to pour the wine over him too so wouldn’t make it as cabin crew
The hotel sounds a bit disappointing especially the sofa bed, poor Hope at least it’s only 2 nights! The market looked nice I hope breakfast was good if you got there…and you didn’t see anymore street toilet incidents
Hey, lovely to hear from you. Did you all have an amazing time in London?
I have honestly never seen Heathrow airport as chaotic as it was the day we flew. I think with the world opening up everyone went mad and booked a holiday for Easter 😂.
All things considering it wasn’t a terribly Travel Day especially given the flight being so empty!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 10 Jun 22, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Hey, lovely to hear from you. Did you all have an amazing time in London?
It was fantastic we all enjoyed our time together and pretty much followed your plan-thanks so much for all your help. We are heading back down again in the Summer so might pick your brain for a few more ideas 😊
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List