Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 May 22, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

Just caught up with your report. Wow! You have had some fun filled days, I love reading reports live it makes me long to be there. Only 60odd days to wait for us. Thanks for posting this and enjoy what’s left of your trip 🇺🇸 😊
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida1972 View Post
Just caught up with your report. Wow! You have had some fun filled days, I love reading reports live it makes me long to be there. Only 60odd days to wait for us. Thanks for posting this and enjoy what’s left of your trip 🇺🇸 😊
It will be so worth the wait. We are shattered now and feet hurt so much but its been amazing.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 22, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Updated Day 6 🙂

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
Day 6 - Universal Studios

Alarms set for 7am today to make sure we were up and out the door ASAP to get to Royal Pacific for our one night stay. We arrived just after 8 and there was no queue at check in. Picked up the express passes and away we went to Universal. Took the usual pictures infront of the globe and the arches, and in we went.

Stopped and bought refillable mugs. These get really annoying throughout the day as there is no handle.

First stop was Minions, it was OK but nothing special. Rip ride rocket next which we loved. Youve got to be quick choosing music though!

Then we did transformers and this blew all the motion VR type rides out of the water, we loved this.

Followed by The Bourne Stuntacular which was out of this world. Never seen anything like it. Make sure you do it.

After this we headed over to citywalk to Panda Express. The food here was amazing but it was so hard to know what was what as the entrees weren't labelled and the lady behind the counter wasn't much help.

Back into Universal and did all the remaining rides. By the end of this I'd had to take 3 qwells with all of the motion sickness I was getting. Simpsons actually wasn't that bad!

We then went to Diagon Alley for some ice cream before getting on the Hogwarts Express to Islands of Adventure.

We decided not to entertain Hogsmeade tonight as it was really busy and we didn't have much time and I wanted to really take in the castle etc. So we headed for Hulk and Dr Doom.

After that we had our reservation for Cowfish and this is where it went down hill.

We had a reservation for 7.30pm but a table wasn't available for 30 minutes. We waited an hour for our food to turn up for it to be stone cold so we sent it all back. I've never had to send a full table of food back. We finally got our food just after 9pm and the only meal that was any good was Jensons Burgushi. Everyone else had burgers and they were just a bit dry.

They brought the bill with the tip added on and nothing deducted for how the evening had gone so we asked for the manager as they wanted nearly $300 which I absolutely wasn't paying when I'd had to return a full table of food and wait 2 hours. He knocked $60 off so in the end including tip we paid $233.

We called it a night here ready for early entry tomorrow.
Sounds a good day
I can’t do simulators even with tablets so well done 🤩wouldn’t attempt Simpsons 🤢
Your meal sounds awful can’t believe they didn’t take more money off 🤷
Enjoy Universal

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Day 7 updated

Old 18 May 22, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Day 7 - Islands of Adventure.

Alarms set for 7 and we were all up and showered and out the door for 7.50am to get to early entry. We had planned to go straight to Hagrids but the queue was down to poseidons and the app showed delayed so instead we headed straight for Velocicoaster which was a 30 minute wait. I'd say we probably only waited 20 mins. This was absolutely phenomenal.

After this we headed back to the entrance to sort out an assistance pass for Amylee. It was forecast to be about 36 today and there was no way she could queue in that heat with no snacks etc for Hagrids with her diabetes. We had express pass for everything else just obviously can't utilise on Hagrids yet. That was sorted really easily so we popped into Croissant Moon Bakery for breakfast. We all had a ham cheese and egg croissant, except Jenson who had am Oatmeal Cookie.

After this we headed to Hagrids to get a return time. It was 10.30am and we were given a return time of 1pm. We then did all the rides in the Harry Potter area. Forbidden Journey was amazing.

It was getting super stifling so we decided to head over to jurassic park river adventure and we thought we were soaked. Little did we know 😂

We started to head over to Toon Lagoon to do the others but we passed Kong and Jenson wanted to do this. We waited far too long for this as they stopped the ride to add another vehicle and before we knew it we had to go back to Hagrids. WOW. Absolutely my favorite ride of the whole trip. So many elements so many surprises. You must do it.

We then headed to Popeye and Blutos Bilge Barge Rats and not a single part of us was dry. We weren't complaining though as the wet clothes kept us cool. We then went straight to Ripsaw Falls.

After this we headed for Spiderman as this was the last thing we needed to do. Jenson stopped to meet Cyclops and Wolverine along with Spiderman and then we called it a day.

We headed back to Panda Express and I also ran into Cinnabon for a vanilla cold brew and some bon bites before catching the boat back to Royal Pacific to get the car and come back to our main hotel.

An hour in the pool and then we got ready and headed off to our booking at the cheesecake factory. The food here was amazing. This totally made up for the mess that was Cowfish. Of course we were all stuffed so had to bring the cheesecakes home. Our server told Andrew that he'd only ever seen 5 people complete his meal in full (he had the parmesan chicken pizza style) so obviously he had to join the list 😂

Another great day and tomorrow I'm getting up early doing some washing then off to a water park, bit of shopping then into Magic Kingdom for the fireworks show, if there's not another thunderstorm!
Great day very hot though 🥵
Glad you liked Hagrids we were in the queue a few weeks after it opened in 2019 & gave up 🤦not sure if I’d be ok on it anyway 😳
My favourite is Escape from Gringotts, even though a bit of a simulator it’s not as bad as Forbidden Journey which throws you around 🤢
So glad you enjoyed Cheesecake Factory 😋😋that Parmesan Chicken looked Yummy 🙊
Can’t see pics of your cakes though ☹️☹️😩😫
Enjoy the MK fireworks 💥❤️🇺🇸

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 22, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Great day very hot though 🥵
Glad you liked Hagrids we were in the queue a few weeks after it opened in 2019 & gave up 🤦not sure if I’d be ok on it anyway 😳
My favourite is Escape from Gringotts, even though a bit of a simulator it’s not as bad as Forbidden Journey which throws you around 🤢
So glad you enjoyed Cheesecake Factory 😋😋that Parmesan Chicken looked Yummy 🙊
Can’t see pics of your cakes though ☹️☹️😩😫
Enjoy the MK fireworks 💥❤️🇺🇸
Omg how did I forget!

I had the Cinnabon one

Andrew had a snickers one

Kian had a Chocolate Fudge Cake

Jenson had the Celebration Cake cheesecake

Ethan had the oreo one but he ate it before I managed a picture and unfortunately Amylee has Type 1 Diabetes so this was an absolute no for her.

Old 18 May 22, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Omg how did I forget!

I had the Cinnabon one

Andrew had a snickers one

Kian had a Chocolate Fudge Cake

Jenson had the Celebration Cake cheesecake

Ethan had the oreo one but he ate it before I managed a picture and unfortunately Amylee has Type 1 Diabetes so this was an absolute no for her.
Thank you 🙊🙊
My new favourite too 😋😋

Old 19 May 22, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Day 8 updated

Old 19 May 22, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Really enjoying this, have a fab time x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List