Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 15 May 22, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

2022 brides (or grooms)

Who else is getting married this year?

We are getting married Friday 9th December

Then on 12th December fly to Las Vegas for 4 nights and then NY for 4 Nights.

What are your plans?

X
80skid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

We get married on the 1st of October.

Then on the 7th of October we go to Orlando for two weeks! Staying in All star movies for 8 nights and cabana bay for 6!
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Fantastic, super excited for you both! What hotels are you staying in for your honeymoon? A December wedding will be beautiful 😍

We got married on Saturday 16th April (almost a month ago already!), and it was the most amazing day / weekend of our lives. We flew to New York almost immediately after. I’m debating whether to do a trip report for the wedding and honeymoon as I took really detailed notes every day… I didn’t want to forget a single thing!
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
We get married on the 1st of October.

Then on the 7th of October we go to Orlando for two weeks! Staying in All star movies for 8 nights and cabana bay for 6!
Oooh that's a nice time of year to get married, what colours are you having?

Orlando honeymoon will be incredible! We wanted a honeymoon just the 2 of us and I have 2 teenagers so we are taking them to Orlando 6 months later, it will be my partners first ever time.

Looking forward to hearing all your plans x
80skid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 80skid View Post
Oooh that's a nice time of year to get married, what colours are you having?

Orlando honeymoon will be incredible! We wanted a honeymoon just the 2 of us and I have 2 teenagers so we are taking them to Orlando 6 months later, it will be my partners first ever time.

Looking forward to hearing all your plans x
We are having blush pink as the colour scheme.

The wedding is loosely Disney themed. The invites were black and white with Mickey & Minnie on, we are having Mickey heads confetti and the cake topper is a Disney one! So we thought blush pink kind of suited the theme!😀

I was happy with anywhere for the honeymoon, but my fiancé loves Florida and he wanted to see the the new Star Wars land (we’ve not been since 2019).

Have you been to New York before? I went in 2018 and it was one of my favourite holidays! So much to see and do😀!
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TigerLily8 View Post
Fantastic, super excited for you both! What hotels are you staying in for your honeymoon? A December wedding will be beautiful 😍

We got married on Saturday 16th April (almost a month ago already!), and it was the most amazing day / weekend of our lives. We flew to New York almost immediately after. I’m debating whether to do a trip report for the wedding and honeymoon as I took really detailed notes every day… I didn’t want to forget a single thing!
Hi!

Congratulations! Please do a wedding and honeymoon trip report, I'd love to read it and need some ideas for New York!

We are staying in the Venetion is Las Vegas and then Westin New York in Times Square in NY

Edited at 01:36 PM. Reason: Missed something
Old 16 May 22, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
We are having blush pink as the colour scheme.

The wedding is loosely Disney themed. The invites were black and white with Mickey & Minnie on, we are having Mickey heads confetti and the cake topper is a Disney one! So we thought blush pink kind of suited the theme!😀

I was happy with anywhere for the honeymoon, but my fiancé loves Florida and he wanted to see the the new Star Wars land (we’ve not been since 2019).

Have you been to New York before? I went in 2018 and it was one of my favourite holidays! So much to see and do😀!
We are having dark green and gold, our venue is a big Edwardian country house with big fireplaces so it is really cosy and wintry, the colours go really well.

I've never been to NY before, or Vegas. We were going to just have a few days in Edinburgh with it being so close to Christmas but then we thought oh sod it it's only once!

I havent been to Orlando since 2016, I can't wait to go back
Old 16 May 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Hi!

Congratulations! Please do a wedding and honeymoon trip report, I'd love to read it and need some ideas for New York!

We are staying in the Venetion is Las Vegas and then Westin New York in Times Square in NY
Thank you! I started to write everything up last night so hopefully I can get it posted soon

I'm so jealous... I have always wanted to stay at the Venetian! That will be wonderful. Do you have any plans for Las Vegas yet?

Is it the Westin on times square? I stayed there on my first ever trip to New York and it is wonderful - and the comfiest bed I have ever slept in!
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 22, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

We are having dark green and gold, our venue is a big Edwardian country house with big fireplaces so it is really cosy and wintry, the colours go really well.

I've never been to NY before, or Vegas. We were going to just have a few days in Edinburgh with it being so close to Christmas but then we thought oh sod it it's only once!

I havent been to Orlando since 2016, I can't wait to go back
That sounds lovely! I always think winter weddings are very romantic. We ended up with autumn, but winter was an option as well!

don’t blame you to be honest, you’ll have an amazing time and New York at Christmas time is incredible!
Old 16 May 22, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

Hi!
Vegas and NY honeymoon sounds amazing
We get married in just under 2 weeks, we also have dark green in the theme, loose 'travel/adventure' theme at a barn/glamping site venue for the weekend then off to orlando for 3 weeks, we were last there in 2017 so there'll be a few changes.