Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 May 22, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tony Toon
Getting Excited

Anyone done Dublin Pre Clearance recently?

We don't fly until the end of August but are now wondering if the 1hour 30 minutes that Aer Lingus has allowed us to book for our connection is extremely tight! We've fallen victim to Aer Lingus' recent flight cancellations for our return journey and need to contact them about this as they've only half sorted out our rescheduled flights home. On the way out we currently have Glasgow 12:00 - Dub 13:20; Dub 14:50 - MCO 19:05. I know that pre clearance is busy in the morning but has anyone done this recently that would give us some insight into their experience? To compound things the punctuality of the Gla - Dub flight is pretty poor recently too! If it was just DH and I we'd be fine, but DS his wife and baby are coming along too.

Thanks for any info folks.

Mrs TT
July 08 4 weeks. Oct 08 Special birthday trip; July 09 4 weeks to drop off daughter for dream Disney job in the Rose and Crown Oct 09 Quick visit to DD Christmas 09. Another visit to see DD. Easter '10 Beach Club with Cairistiona Summer '10 5 weeks for our Final Fling! July '11, 3 weeks Indian Crek; July 2012 4 weeks
Tony Toon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Hi I’ve been on to them on chat the last two days , they are pretty hopeless to be honest ! We are Edinburgh, they cancelled our flights and didn’t notify us I only found out as I tried to go on to manage my booking , our Edinburgh flight was meant to be 11 o’clock and we should have had 2 hours for pre clearance but they have changed the Orlando flight to 13.40 and have said that this would not give us enough time to make our connection and pre clearance so have changed us to the 8.15 flight meaning we now have 4 hours which I’m not happy about , so I think they will change yours also xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tony Toon
Getting Excited

Thank you. I've been on chat multiple times and eventually was told they'd move our return flight a day earlier. Once we eventually managed to log on to our flights they had moved the return from MCO forward a day but not the linked flight to Glasgow leaving us with a 28 hours 05 minute stopover. I pointed this out on chat but have not managed to get a response. We've tried to phone but get cut off after 2 hours on hold. We'll keep trying!
July 08 4 weeks. Oct 08 Special birthday trip; July 09 4 weeks to drop off daughter for dream Disney job in the Rose and Crown Oct 09 Quick visit to DD Christmas 09. Another visit to see DD. Easter '10 Beach Club with Cairistiona Summer '10 5 weeks for our Final Fling! July '11, 3 weeks Indian Crek; July 2012 4 weeks

Edited at 09:07 PM.
Tony Toon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tony Toon View Post
Thank you. I've been on chat multiple times and eventually was told they'd move our return flight a day earlier. Once we eventually mangled to log on to our flights they had moved the return from MCO forward a day but not the linked flight to Glasgow leaving us with a 28 hours 05 minute stopover. I pointed this out on chat but have not managed to get a response. We've tried to phone but get cut off after 2 hours on hold. We'll keep trying!
Oh my ! And I thought ours was bad ! Chat are hopeless tgey ask you a question you answer and they disappear for hours ! They told me yesterday what the change was and said I needed to let them know what I wanted to do I answered straight away and did not get a response until today but that took me having to go through everything and start chat another twice ! I was losing the will to live , they then confirmed everything and sent the email which has the wrong luggage allowance for part of the journey and as yet I have not had a response back from them , I think perseverance and patience is definitely needed dealing with them! Good luck I hope you get it sorted xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

I was through pre clearance a few weeks ago! Took no more than 15 minutes this was for an afternoon flight!
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ontwofronts
Excited about Disney

90 minutes isn’t enough. You’re screwed if your first flight is late.

We did it last month with 90 mins from Manchester, which they assured me was plenty by phone. We left Manchester an hour late, made up 25 minutes and just about squeezed through with lots of running but it was so stressful. I’d rather have 4 hours and get a meal.
ontwofronts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

Sorry to hi jack the thread but does anyone know if you still have to wear masks on the DUB - MCO route? I’ve tried their “chat” but can never get talking to anyone!
Old 29 May 22, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

As far as I know masks are optional and from current Facebook posts security and preclearance is a bit mad at the moment, I’d say 90 mins in cutting it very tight
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

Security for T1 and T2 are the moment is showing a 60 minute wait. I know the mco flight isn’t until the afternoon but between that and preclearance I know I will be getting to the airportat least half hour -1 hour extra than I usually would!
Old 29 May 22, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Tony Toon
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ontwofronts View Post
90 minutes isn’t enough. You’re screwed if your first flight is late.

We did it last month with 90 mins from Manchester, which they assured me was plenty by phone. We left Manchester an hour late, made up 25 minutes and just about squeezed through with lots of running but it was so stressful. I’d rather have 4 hours and get a meal.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. This is my concern. The past week (since I started watching) the Gla - Dub leg has had poor punctuality.

Mrs TT